FORUMS: list search recent posts

your help with Moddin' Art

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
your help with Moddin' Art
on Apr 26, 2007 at 4:51:20 pm

I'd like to offer the good folks at SpeedTV some consumer data for Moddin' Art, the show I have been creating for te last two years. You can check it out at http://ModdinArt.com
I am looking for your honest opinions about the show. I'd like to know what you love or hate about it, how well you think it'd fit in with Speed's current programming and it's overall ability to have legs as a national television series. I know most of you have only seen it as web clips or as it's one hour documentary format on DVD. I'd like for you to picture it as a half hour weekly series and respond with your honest thoughts on this thread. I will offer this link to Speed tomorrow (Friday) at noon so post away. Please do not appease, blow smoke or pat me on the back here. I am asking for your honest input. No holds barred. Say whatcha feel.
please register and contribute on this thread:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=846834#post846834

Thank you!

I'm getting very close to selling this as a series and am just trying to make up their minds for em now.

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
Re: your help with Moddin' Art
on May 1, 2007 at 1:47:50 am

I looked at Drag Racing part.

Here is my opinion.

Drag racing is a fast sport. When you think drag racing, you think 3-5 second clips of cars speeding down the track. Quick cuts and lots of burnout, etc. Cut, Cut, Cut quick!

Your video is slow cut. there is a guy in a car about to go head to head with another car and he gets smoked! But, that sequence is so slow it doesn't make sense visually. If you get smoked by this fast car it should be only a few shots long. It should be faster where the guy barely gets to talk and he's been smoked. To show how fast these cars are. Cut quickly and shorten these sequences. Your videos have too long of shots. Even if it is the same shot (because of lack of footage) make that footage cut quickly with random jump cuts and stuff just to speed it up to fit your medium.

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: your help with Moddin' Art
on May 2, 2007 at 7:04:42 am

I hear ya.
thats just one clip. It's meant to be static because I get busted doin 144mph on the way home. Just had the camera on a tripod.
All the other clips are cut to music or on natural beats.
Irinicly, with all the production value I put into all the other segments, that very one has 10 times more views than all the others put together. Pecking at a million now.
Just goes to show that content still rules, no matter what.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]