FORUMS: list search recent posts

holy cow

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
holy cow
on Apr 13, 2007 at 4:57:10 am

I just made a mind boggling discovery.
I have to set this up for those of you who don't know, I am deaf in my left ear.
So like, I have never edited with headphones until moving the gear home about 2 months ago. Since then, I have had to wear em nd mute the board after tuckin' the kiddoes in at night. Took alot of getting use to but I have managed. Or so thought, anyway.
Ten minutes ago, I imported some mono sound effects. I hit play, saw level and heard nothing. Wha?
duuuuuuuuuuude, I had NO idea my headphones were freakin mono. NO idea at all. Seriosly, man this was total news to me. lol
I panned the effects to the middle and sho nuff, totally there.
aaaahhhhahhahahahah
this explains why my mixes have been so dadgum different each morning after the kids go o school and I crank up the room. I had chalked it up to half deaf room acoustics. This is like christmas mixed withapril fools, man.
Just had to share oneof the biggest surprises in my professional career.
So if your freakin deaf, take a looksy at your headphone plug up close. One little line? pan it in da middle.
rofl
go me.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: holy cow
on Apr 13, 2007 at 3:07:02 pm

That must hvae freaked you out. I am almost blind in my right eye, so my depth perception suffers. Sure glad I'm not editing in 3D

Charlie

Return to posts index

grinner
on Apr 13, 2007 at 4:04:07 pm

lol
I hear ya
wait, what did you say?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2007 at 5:10:57 pm

Where I work, before I joined up, one of the engineers had a hook hand and would occasionally create shorts and damage when working on circuit boards and decks and the like. We said we made a motley crew; cameramen wearing glasses, audio op with a hearing aid, repair man with a hook, we were like some kind of Earl Buttz joke waiting for a punchline.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Apr 13, 2007 at 5:44:30 pm

Had an engineer that had polio as a child. He walked with a cane.
If something wasn't working, his first thing to troubleshooting was hit it with his cane a couple times. We had handles on circuit boards broken off all over the building.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Chaz Shukat
on Apr 13, 2007 at 11:49:18 pm

THAT,is funny! But remember, Beethoven was deaf and the Beatles couldn't read music, so they are in good company?

Chaz S.

Return to posts index

grinner
on Apr 16, 2007 at 2:00:23 pm

seems to be how it is.
A brother doesnt wanna go messin with a mad engineer with a stick,man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]