FORUMS: list search recent posts

help with new project

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
help with new project
by
on Jan 21, 2007 at 3:41:45 am

I'm wondering if anyone here can suggest a good source for luxurious lifestyle footage. I'm creating a 3-5 minute video that will consist of all stock footage that will set the mood for an architectural project. I'm looking for scenes like boating, speed boats, jet skis, swimming, shopping, relaxing, yachting,

I'm also looking for some really BIG music cut with boming drums and thematic music that builds throughout. I've stuck out on searches so far. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: help with new project
on Jan 21, 2007 at 5:03:27 pm

can;t helkp you with the stock footage but I am a big fan of DeWolfe Music. Doesn't sound like canned library music because they use a multitude of real musicians rather than multitracking a keyboard. It's great stuff and they haggle. You can pay per needle drop, work out a per project flat rate or even a monthly or annual flat rate deal. Very cool people to deal with. Great tunage too. My olny complaint is it becomes kind of limited if you use the same style of music in different projects. I use alot of hip hop/metal and have tapped em out on what they have to select from. Took me three one hour DVDs to go through it all. It kind of forced me to go beyond the same flavor over and over so in a sense, it helped.

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
on Jan 21, 2007 at 6:14:24 pm

The music you can get with SmartSound allows you some pretty spectacular audio with a lot of customization. You can hear samples on their site before you purchase it.

My neighborhood could supply most of those shots you are looking for in a few minutes. But try ArtBeats.com if you can't come to Florida for the good life. :-)

Steven
http://www.stevengotz.com

Return to posts index

Greg
Re: Thanks guys
by
on Jan 21, 2007 at 11:32:09 pm

Steven,

Actually I am enjoying the Florida "Good Life". I live betwen Miami and Fort Lauderdale. But I need shots that will be used for a client selling a project in the Middle East. Still cheaperr to buy great shots than to shoot them.

Thanks to both you and Grinner for your advice. I'm looking for a song that would have a great orchestral theme with some loud drums to add excitement. Perhaps ending on a loud BOOM! of the drums. Any cut in particular?

Return to posts index

grinner
on Jan 21, 2007 at 11:34:53 pm

most libraries, including deWolfe, allows you to do keyword searches.
you could type in big orchestra and get a boat load. Add BOOM to the search and limit it a bit.
I don't even keep CDs anymore. I just download as needed.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2007 at 7:20:20 pm

Online browse of sounddogs?

We used to use DeWolfe but let it lapse as they seemed to run out of gas. We then switched to Music Bakery and have really enjoyed those. Mostly now I alternate between music bakery and stuff I throw together using Garage Band, Sonicfire pro, and CD's from Music Bakery.

Return to posts index

epontius
on Jan 22, 2007 at 10:51:43 pm

I've used StudioCutz they have a variety of sounds. Royalty free, pay per track or disc. You can download, or get a disc shipped or both.
I've used SmartSound before as well. Nice that you can create music to fit but their music selection leaves a little to be desired some of it starts to sound the same track to track.

Erik

Return to posts index

VideoSandra
on Jan 22, 2007 at 10:14:25 pm

http://www.artbeats.com is good. A bit pricey though...but definitely worth it!

Good Luck!
Sandra

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Jan 23, 2007 at 6:43:04 pm

I swear by Firstcom for all my music. They have the largest collection and have many musicians signed up for creation. You can get needle drop as needed or buy a contract. Use their musicquick search to find the flavor you are asking for. Stock footage can be quite expensive, so I haven;t used it in ages. Forget where I got what I used in the past. Probably do a stock video footage search and get a ton of sites.

Charlie

Return to posts index

English Bob
on Mar 22, 2007 at 7:43:44 pm

Hello Greg,
There may be some error in your thinking. Music cannot usefully continue to build through a sustained period of minutes. It should intermittently wind down, slow, stop & start again. After all, the mood & pace of your pictures will change according to the action. Speed-boating & skiing are much different in their mood to shopping & relaxing. Also, location sound can be a very important aural component (wind in canvas, wave-wash, etc), and it is a damaging mis-use of music always to suppress these natural sounds. Music should be used intermittently, and the trick is knowing when to start & when to stop. The first step is to choose suitable tracks for your different action moods. How will you know that your choices are suitable? You will find yourself re-cutting the picture here and there to match the music. This means that the music is having an effect on you, an effect which will be transmitted in your creative editing effort to the viewer. If the music does not impel you to make adjustments to the picture, it will not enhance the picture. It's not suitable music.

I have only just picked up your post, and you may now have completed your project. If not, say so, and we can talk more.
Best, Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]