FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a "Producer-in-Chief"???

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Ward
What is a "Producer-in-Chief"???
on Nov 1, 2006 at 4:02:46 pm

Hello all, I've been using the COW for 3 or 4 years now, but haven't posted until now. The COW is great stuff.

Here's a little levity for you guys. I'm just finishing up some of the first episodes of a state government-produced show which is regionally-syndicated (yes, I work in state government), and I needed the credits finalized for a show. I take the credits list to our boss, who is listed as an Executive Producer (since that's kinda what he does, at least in a supervisory role), along with another Executive Producer, who is in-charge of production for the show. He said he wasn't an Executive Producer -- that was the other guy -- he is the Producer-in-Chief, as he is Editor-in-Chief of our magazine. I told him, "There's no such thing." He replied, "Here there is." He's the boss; no argument there. So there you go. If you were ever wondering what a Producer-in-Chief was, now you know! I just hope none of my TV colleagues see it and think I'm ignorant or something!

tim

Return to posts index

Natehurwi315
Re: What is a "Producer-in-Chief"???
on Nov 1, 2006 at 4:41:02 pm

It's crazy how many people can take that one position during a production...you should make a wikipedia article of it...I mean ive heard of it a couple times, but no detailed average explination for it.

Nate Hurwitz
Film/Video Editor
http://www.weallsellout.com
"We all live in a yellow submarine"

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 1, 2006 at 9:30:39 pm

Corollary to this is the fact that the lower down on the corporate or government ladder you go, the longer (and more tightly spaced) your title CG gets:

President
Vice-President
Assistant Vice-President for blah-blah
Executive Assistant Vice-President for blah-blah
Manager, blah-blah-based-blahbetty-blah for Blah-blah, (plus throw in some degree initials underneath that)

Return to posts index

Tim Ward
on Nov 1, 2006 at 8:45:13 pm

I did a quick Google search and looks like "Producers-in-Chief" are indigenous to Australia? Hmmmm.

tim

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 19, 2006 at 7:01:14 pm

[Tim Ward] "I did a quick Google search and looks like "Producers-in-Chief" are indigenous to Australia?"

Are they marsupials???

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Nov 3, 2006 at 5:42:51 am

A past episode of the animated comedy series "King of the Hill" had Hank Hill and his neighbors making a film to promote their town of Arlen. After doling out crew jobs, Hank, voiced by Mike Judge, says, "And I... will be THE PRESIDENT of the Movie!"

Return to posts index

Tim Ward
on Nov 3, 2006 at 9:57:07 pm

"And I... will be THE PRESIDENT of the Movie!"

I think I like that one better, Chuck!

tim

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Nov 5, 2006 at 4:27:50 am

Heh, heh...

Sounds like another title for "Not very media savvy bureaucrat with self image issues" to me...

I suppose "Producer-in-Chief" is shorter to type in the credits...

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

person
on Nov 11, 2006 at 5:57:30 am

P I C = W A N A B

Return to posts index

grinner
on Dec 13, 2006 at 11:13:05 pm

producer in chief= a dude trying to produce who has a tiny weener.
lol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]