FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tape Problem, please help!

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
herminiocordido
Tape Problem, please help!
on May 4, 2006 at 1:42:34 pm

I recorded on a Canon Xl1, when i checked the scene just to be sure, it looked perfect.
Now when i go to capture it shows like the cam has dirty heads.
When i fast forward or pause and go frame by frame, every frame is perfect.
I tried to clean the heads, i tried a Sony deck, and i am not solving anything, on the sony deck the distortion is less though.
I want to know is there's a way to capture frame by frame or if there is a solution for my problem.
By the way, i went through airport security (x-rays) with the tape loaded on the camera, even though there were more tapes on the same bag that present no problems.
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Tape Problem, please help!
on May 5, 2006 at 6:27:26 pm

find a studio which has a broadcast deck with a good TBC - that might help.
If all else fails, try sending it to video inderchange in Maine - they are a little backed up but they do a lot of video restoration.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Tape Problem, please help!
on May 8, 2006 at 8:47:19 pm

You may have a contaminated roller or other part of the tape path: clean the entire tape path, or the crud just gets re-deposited onthe heads and you get another clog. If you havea wet-type cleaning casette. by all measn use that several times in play mode. playing this. That's a long shot.

I feel the DVCPro decks are the best oens to try and play back DV tapes with problematic tracking: they have slightly larger and wider heads than the Sony's and have a better chance of picking up every possible bit of signal off the tape. or so I have been led to believe over the years.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]