FORUMS: list search recent posts

what I've been up to

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
what I've been up to
on Apr 5, 2006 at 8:52:34 pm

I know I havn't been around much lately. I have been focused on dream-chasin'. I mentioned a while back I will not be editng for clients a year from now (a year from THEN, actually). I stand by that today.
I have always loved cars. I've loved video since it was invented. It made since to combine some passions.
So, after a thousand hours of work (including starting over from scratch when my Symphony croaked), Moddin' Art Volume One is now ready for release. I shot it on HDV, directed it (though there was nothing to direct, really) and I edited it in between sessions. It is rare in any form of art that something turns out exactly as envisioned. I am proud to say this did. This 55 minute documentary highlights the finest rides around and focuses on the owners/artists who put blood sweat and tears into them. It revolves around the comradery that heaps of steel, glass and rubber create between perfect strangers from all walks of life.
Its available now at http://ModdinArt.com

I have cut a 20 minute pilot from the 55 minute documentary and will pitching it as a national TV show this year. I would think six months from now, this is how I will be spending my days... my nights always going to my family. That's the wonderful part of all of this, Nancy and the kids are having as much fun as I am with this. Nancy helps me not only with the bidness side of things, she gets out in the drive way and works on cars with me. The kids enjoy hitting events of all kinds and sizes and all of them have added a lot to the show. They have all become part of the show. I don't catagorize this as a reality show but ironicly, it's the closest thing to reality I have seen in any TV show.

I hope any of you who buy the DVD enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Moddin' Art Volume Two is already in production.
Gonna be a fun year...

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: what I've been up to
on Apr 5, 2006 at 9:52:05 pm

Hang in there buddy,
It is so kewl when someone is able to pursue his dream and make it happen. I'm behind you 100% even tho I miss you not being around here much. I miss your wit and charm.

Charlie

Return to posts index

grinner
on Apr 5, 2006 at 9:57:20 pm

I'll have to throw more your way then, man.
It's ironic how many hours have to go into cutting one's hours down.
If I don't do this, I will be bound to 60 hour work weeks forever. Should I sell the show, 60 hour weeks will seem like part time. The idea is to be able to not have to work at all in a few years. I hope to be editing in my underwear over the garage I don't have yet by then.

Don't think I wont be comin down there and hangin with ya then. You'll be sick of me.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on Apr 6, 2006 at 11:39:14 am

Grinner,

That is fantastic, I wish you all the success you ever dreamed off. I know the long hours....read the art of sleep deprivation below. It is not easy to tell the kids that you can't play because you have to edit a commercial, or do a DVD run. I try to do most of my work when they have gone to bed, but of course, that is not always possible.

I am impressed how you always manage to put your family first. One of the radio stations up here in montreal has a talk show hosted by a husband and wife. Every night their sign off is, "Remember to kiss your kids, because family is the only work that is worth it" I try to live by that, you seem to be able to do it.

Mark

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
grinner
on Apr 6, 2006 at 2:14:37 pm

I have and will always put them first. My family is what my life is all about. I have done my share of ladder-climbing and dream-chasing but I only climb and chase as far and as fast as the five of us wanna go. Without them, I'd have no drive to do a dang thang. What can I say? I just love em, man. Everything else falls into place when that foundation is there.
thanks for your words, Mark.

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Apr 7, 2006 at 3:32:18 am

Grinner,
Good luck with everything. You never stop amazing us!

Return to posts index

grinner
on May 15, 2006 at 9:11:45 pm

thanks man.
Looks like it will be airing nationally soon.
Things are lookin good, man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]