FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Reality

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaz Shukat
Editing Reality
on Mar 23, 2006 at 8:39:06 pm

Thanks to those of you who have requested to review my book EDITING REALITY. Unfortunately, somehow, my email inbox got wiped clean and I lost some of your email addresses (I had written the rest down of good ole paper), so if your name appears below, please email me again at nushu@optonline.net.

Geoff Kelly
Dave Potts

And anyone else who would be interested, contact me at the same address. Once again, the book is simply practical guidance on putting reality/doc type programs together, the nuts and bolts of editing. It's not business advice, equipment advice, technical instruction or theory. You won't need to sift through everything known to man about editing and editing equipment to get to the practical advice. It's meant to be a surrogate mentor. I am most interested in getting feedback from my target demographic of editing students, new editors, and asst. editors, but all are welcome.

I want to make sure this book is what you guys need and are looking for, that it's understandable, and that it is unique, stands apart from the other editing books and fills that need better than any other book out there. Most of you coming out of college or technical schools and going into the workplace will not immediately be editing feature films, which is what you probably have been taught about. You will probably be working on a reality show because there are soooooo many cable channels, so that's what I want to help you with. It's one thing to know how to work the equipment and another to know what to do with it. Just because you know how to work a word processor does not make you a writer, right? At least a good one.

Thanks again for the great response,

Chaz S.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Editing Reality
on Mar 24, 2006 at 5:04:30 am

Chaz,

The email address you mention above (nushu@optonline.net) doesn't seem to work.

I'd love to see a copy of your book.

Mark Raudonis

Return to posts index

stylz
on Mar 24, 2006 at 10:35:15 am

I to am interested.

Return to posts index

Chaz Shukat
on Mar 25, 2006 at 3:24:02 am

Please contact me at nushu@optonline.net and tell me a little about yourself. Are you an editor, asst., student; what type of projects do you currently work on, etc. What is your interest in reading the book?

Chaz S.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]