FORUMS: list search recent posts

sweet new suite

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
sweet new suite
on Dec 6, 2005 at 4:26:49 am

diggin the new set up. Much different than what I'm use to, oddly enough, but all in all, I'm comfy with it for only being on it such a smal amount of time.
Modwest Media Group really took care of me on this purchase and John Connely Jr. is da man to talk to. Worked me a great deal, saw than everything was good to go and follows through beautifully.
Pretty neat how new tools can make ya edit different. I can think differently now. Not worriing about making it it to dub time anymore and venturing out into new toys. I still crash but not the day-halting death crashes anymore.
I've been working out bugs but mainly re-molding my brain to it's way of thinking.
kinda fun.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: sweet new suite
on Dec 6, 2005 at 4:12:26 pm

Congratulations. I'm proud for you, hang in there it sounds like you are gonna be happy with (place new name here) that replaced ole Bessie.

Have a wonderful holiday season, enjoy the family and the new toys, and have a very prosperoous New Year.

Love ya man

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Pixel Monkey
on Dec 6, 2005 at 5:32:26 pm

NICE!

Plants are a great touch. Aaaah... and Mike Wazowski is front & center by the scopes too. Perfect!

I've found that the wireless mouse gets annoying for detailed work. Each time you move it, it has to 'wake up' over a 1/8" space... really sucky for rotoscoping too. See whatcha think. Also, the wheeze of our Adrenaline HD box got traumatizing after about the 14-straight hour (and 12 Advil gelcaps) mark. We moved it behind a short sound wall for better audio mixing.

's funny... now that I'm in my new Outback, I don't miss the clicks, querks and crunches of the ol' F150... although I swore by them just a short year ago. Same difference, no?

______
/-o-o-
`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey
`(___)

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Dec 6, 2005 at 10:54:50 pm

Looks like a lot of gear within earshot...I like my decks and PC's and especially that jet engine Adrenaline box far away...or in a vented enclosure. I built a custom desk a lot like yours with a cabinet under the desk with big smoked doors on the front. On the back I had three big fans that blew into the wall cavity and up into the prehung ceiling area. With the doors open it was plenty noisy...closed it was peaceful.

But I love the curvy desk...good fung shuei.

Enjoy.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
on Dec 7, 2005 at 3:15:35 pm

I'm so jealous. My current set up is a logistical nightmare... Two Flourescent Lights RIGHT OVER MY HEAD. My two edit suites are back to back in an open floor plan (phones, loud office chatter, etc) two big windows to my back. The reflections fill one complete monitor... Be glad you're master of your domain so to speak...

Return to posts index

grinner
on Dec 8, 2005 at 3:14:04 am

who put an editor under florescents? Thats wrong.

I'm deaf in my left ear so I have no problem with fan noise. That's why you see the left audio monitor so close to my head and the right one on the corner of the room. Perfectly balanced to me.
The deck is louder than the Adrenaline bob and the pc put together. Doesn't sound bad. My building is off a pretty busy road and I have found the fan noises actually help mask the traffic noise.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Dec 9, 2005 at 7:09:53 pm

Ya know, funny thing about that. When I am in the middle of something, noise just ceases to exist. You could literally set off a bomb behind me and I would not hear it, I only hear what pertains to whatt I am doing. I think that is one of the reasons I love this business, I can just disappear into my own little world of neverland, and the big horrible world around me is no longer so big or horrible.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 9, 2005 at 3:32:09 pm

Hey Matt, I hear ya.
We have an open floor plan, I'm up in a loft, so if one person is not using headphones, everyone hears what he's doing. Not perfect, but otherwise the setup is ok. Everything within arm's reach.

I gotta get a nice curvy desk, however. 2 CRT monitors, laptop, 2 keyboards and two mouses on a rectangular desk is awkward.

Return to posts index

grinner
on Dec 8, 2005 at 3:28:56 am

just looks wireless in the photo. It's a lazer mouse with a tail.
I havn't found a wireless setup I like yet. I dig waccom's tablets/monitors. Once the delay is out of those, I'll be editing on da couch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]