FORUMS: list search recent posts

Salt

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Salt
on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:56:17 pm

I don't get out to the movie theater very often these days so maybe my standards are to high but I felt Salt would be better as a rental. I would say why but it would ruin the movie.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Salt
on Jul 26, 2010 at 7:11:45 pm

I was thinking of seeing it sometime this week maybe, but I'm on the fence. It has a mediocre Rotten Tomatoes number, and it looks like it might be cooler in the previews than it actually is... So thanks Stephen, you're another vote for waiting to watch it at home! I've already gotten burned on several movies this year (Clash of the Titans, Alice in Wonderland), maybe I'll save my money this time.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:04:41 pm

Well, Toy Story 3 should get that bad taste out of your mouth. I haev not laughed out loud so many times during a movie in a LONG time. And the character development and plotting are every bit as good as the animation. NOT just a kid's show.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:21:28 pm

I was actually going to get to starting a thread on this, but personally, I recommend Despicable Me even more highly. Immediately shot to the upper reaches of my Desert Island list, and the first movie I've seen a movie twice in a theater in maybe 20 years. I saw it in both 2D and 3D - 3D is definitely superior, but 2D was enough to secure its place on my all-time list.

Pixar is Pixar, state of the art, blah blah blah, I'll still watch them all, and I know that mine is not the majority opinion, but I like Despicable Me better than any of them.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:54:42 pm

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate Salt, I just thought it was not worth theater prices. It felt like a Bourne rip off and I can't really say what bugged me because it will ruin the movie. On a side note, the movie has a lot of flash backs and it confused the old couple behind me. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "who is that?" AHHHHHHH, luckily I was able to move half way though the movie.

I liked Toy Story 3 a lot. Ken was the best.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2010 at 7:39:03 pm

Her Tombraider sequel movie actually put me to sleep halfway thru watching it. I mean, If you can't keep your eyes open with her on the screen, THAT's a boring movie.

Return to posts index

Louis McLellan
on Jul 31, 2010 at 6:37:02 am

I feel lucky enough to have a dollar movie near my house, so if I don't want to pay full price for a movie, I wait until it comes out there.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]