FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inception

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Inception
on Jul 19, 2010 at 3:38:31 pm

What a cool movie. Is it the masterpiece that it was basically predetermined to be? Probably not. But is it a masterpiece when compared to the rest of 2010's underwhelming film output? Yeah, pretty much.

Im sure the major flaw that most people will have with it is that the first hour is basically a tutorial on how everything in the dream world works. I didn't mind it though, as once you get through the first hour (which I mean, is still interesting, it's not boring explanation) then the movie picks up steam and the "main" dream sequence is phenomenally awesome and layered.

I'm still debating whether I liked this more than Toy Story 3, but Inception and Toy Story 3 are definitely my two favorite films of this year so far. If you only plan on going to a couple movies in theaters, you should probably make it one of those two.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Inception
on Jul 23, 2010 at 7:27:30 pm

I was excited to see Inceptionn - because of Chris Nolan and because of a really cool trailer. I don't think it is a masterpiece like Dark Knight or Goodfellas or The Matrix I - but it is close. I found the scenes on Hoth to be gratuitous and some of the shots used in the trailer did not have that oompf they could have had because of familiarity. But the story was good (did M Night Shamalan write this?!) And the acting was strong considering the confusing plot. I could not help finding similarities to What Dreams May Come in places and The Matrix in others.
Overall I would say this is a top 20 movie, but not my top 10.
Batman III please...

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:23:23 am

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=5510726

Dora the Explorer in Inception

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 16, 2010 at 2:08:14 pm

I loved this movie. It was so cool. What a great story. I've never sat through a long movie with out realizing how long it was. This movie felt like it was only 30 minutes long. I was sucked into the story and love the logical explanations for how this "dream technology" works. I woke up from a dream the night before I saw this by falling in my dream and kicking up in the air in real life. I can't wait to watch this again and look at certain clues in better detail. It would be cool to have a "spoiler" thread and see what peoples impressions where. There was one thing in there that didn't add up, but mentioning it would ruin the movie.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]