FORUMS: list search recent posts

Predators and Restrepo

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Predators and Restrepo
on Jul 12, 2010 at 5:12:43 pm

Well, it was better than I thought it would be! Adrian Brody actually pulled off the tough guy persona somehow, and the action was exciting for the most part. It's better than Predator 2, or any of the Alien vs. Predator movies (not saying much). If they cut 4 of the characters out, and made it 15 minutes shorter, this could have been a great film. Worth seeing if you're into gory action stuff.

I also saw the day after Predators, the Afghanistan war documentary Restrepo (yeah, even after I ranted last week how no theaters are playing it around me, they finally did...) It's an insane movie. If you've never heard of it, it's about day-to-day life for soldiers in what is considered the most deadly area to be deployed to in the Middle East (at least at the time). I think it was shot by National Geographic people, and they did a very good job documenting it, that must have been unbelievably scary following these soldiers around while they are shooting in every direction, and getting shot at. I was most amazed at the amount of dedication these guys have, despite being in such a terrible situation. Kudos to them, I sure couldn't do it!

If I had to choose, I would recommend Afghan war film over alien planet war film.

Here's the trailer for Restrepo if you've never seen it:

(There are a few cuss words in it)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/-DjqR6OucBc&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/-DjqR6OucBc&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]