FORUMS: list search recent posts

Toy Story 3

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Toy Story 3
on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:16:47 pm

Simply amazing. Definitely my favorite movie so far of 2010, it is a must see!

I was 10 years old when the first Toy Story came out, and it was one of those great movies from my childhood that I instantly loved, and owned it on VHS, then DVD, then Blu-ray. But it has been a while since Toy Story (or Toy Story 2) has been around, and I must say that with the first scene in Toy Story 3, it was like I got punched in the face with a huge dose of welcomed nostalgia.

I'm under the impression that no movie is perfect, but this is close in my opinion. It's funny as expected, the action scenes are incredible and nerve racking, and there is emotion pouring out of this film all over. Tears weren't streaming down my face, but I'm man enough to admit my eyes got watery in a few scenes. I was shocked as to how much I actually cared about these characters and what happened to them. I haven't had this much raw emotional response to a movie in a while, and for that, I must say this is one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory.

The voice acting is great as expected, and the plot was as good as any Pixar movie. From a technical standpoint, it is some of the best looking, highly-detailed computer animation I've seen yet. In the last year or so I've started to learn Cinema 4D, and have a basic knowledge of how to make crappy animations and 3D models, so I'm always blown away now at how detailed these movies are. I saw it in 3D as well, and while I'm not sure the 3D actually helped the movie that much, it didn't hurt it either. It's $3 extra, it's probably the same experience either way. Though I did think the short film that played before the feature, Night and Day (which was also great), did actually benefit from 3D.

Go see this movie!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Toy Story 3
on Jun 22, 2010 at 7:05:19 pm

Loved the movie, Ken stole the movie in my opinion. He was great.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]