FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best movies of the summer

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Best movies of the summer
on Jun 7, 2010 at 7:48:06 pm

The trailers are out and I was wondering what you thought looked like the best movies of the summer. I really liked the trailers for Knight and Day and The Other Guys. I think they look funny and could be promising.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Best movies of the summer
on Jun 7, 2010 at 8:16:15 pm

I'm 50-50 on Knight and Day, I think I'll see it if it gets some good reviews. Other Guys looks pretty funny though.

I'm definitely most excited for Scott Pilgrim vs the World on August 13th. It's looks insane!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/8NUBVcit5VM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/8NUBVcit5VM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 7, 2010 at 8:22:23 pm

That looks awesome, I think it will either do really well or really bad. I love the video game comic book text stuff in the trailer. What a great idea. This looks very clever.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 7, 2010 at 10:13:24 pm

That looks like win, but has a high hipster doofus ratio.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 7, 2010 at 11:03:47 pm

[Mark Suszko] "has a high hipster doofus rati"

As a high hipster doofus myself, I'll consider that a recommendation.

By coincidence, I watched a couple of Michael Cera movies lately, and liked both of them a lot. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist and Paper Heart. In the latter, he plays a lightly-fictionalized version of himself, which it seems like he might do a lot. Or maybe it's just that his talk show persona is kind of similar to his movie persona. In any case, his affectations seem genuine...if that makes sense...and in both of these movies, it really works.

Heartwarming/heartbreaking sincerity AND superheroes? What's not to like? Looking forward to this one too...

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 8, 2010 at 2:15:07 pm

You should check out Youth in Revolt when it comes out on DVD this month, you'll see a different side to Michael Cera than you're used to. I like him and his movies (and Arrested Development) quite a bit for the most part, but I get the feeling based on Youth in Revolt and certain scenes in Superbad that we aren't seeing the whole picture with this kid.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:29:57 pm

Inception looks pretty great too, even though I've read that it's so confusing that the cast and crew don't even really know what it's actually about! I'll trust Christopher Nolan to make a great movie, though.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 11, 2010 at 2:46:15 pm

Wait a second, where was the dream in the trailer where you are trying to finish a school test with not enough time and then you realize you are naked? :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]