FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transformers 2

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Transformers 2
on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20:11 pm

SPOILER ALERT

So, I've joined the rest of the world and finally watched Transformers 2. The ending was long but also seem abrupt. I could not figure out what happened to the twins? They where fighting the big uncensured robot and then you don't see them again. Did the little guy get sucked up? I don't know why I care but I would like to know if I missed something.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Transformers 2
on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:58:29 pm

I think I remember the twin robots going back to Michael Bay's mansion after the last action sequence, and the three of them sat down in front of a laptop and attempted to devise yet another way to set back culture a couple decades.

But in all seriousness, I vaguely remember seeing them in tact at the end of the film. I haven't seen it since its theatrical run, but I remember seeing one of them get sucked up by the vacuum cleaner robot, but then I swear I remember seeing them both for one more gag before the end of the movie after that. Plus, there is talk of whether or not the twins will return for Transformers 3, so they must still potentially be alive...!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:29:41 pm

All I remember from this sequel was that it was a pretty expensive horrible movie. Robots, explosions, Megan Fox and her tiny hands - cool. I don't recall if there was an actual story - it was actually pretty boring for such an action packed movie. Sorry Michael Bay - you have a cool job but time to grow up.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 5, 2010 at 8:22:16 pm

[Mike Cohen] "you have a cool job but time to grow up."

Now, now, Mike. The problem isn't that Bay *isn't* growing up. It's that you *are.* You're no longer in the prime demo.

The reason why people keep giving Bay $200 million a pop is that even after marketing costs that surely dwarf production budgets, he makes his backers lots and lots of money, because people want to see those movies.

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Every generation has epics both beautiful and bloated. The early 60s brought us Lawrence of Arabia and The Greatest Story Ever Told. The oughts brought us the end of The Lord of the Rings and the beginning of the Transformers...which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. In the scheme of things, I'd rather have an epic where cars blow up than one where Telly Savalas plays Pontius Pilate.

I should probably start another thread to talk about the reasons I like Michael Bay...and I really, really do. It certainly started with the debut trifecta: his first 3 features were Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon. You can argue that he never did another picture as good as these (I'd disagree, and point to 2005's The Island), but I'd argue that no action picture director ever did 3 pictures in a row this good. Certainly not out of the gate.

You can sort of argue Spielberg, though, and I might letcha.Not exactly an action director, but let's spin the dice. Sugarland Express, Jaws and Close Encounters. Wow. But hey, if you skip Sugarland Express (wonderful, ridiculously underrated, but not even CLOSE to an action picture), then you get to Jaws, CE, and 1941 - oops. Worse than Transformers 2.

Still, what both of those guys had in common when they did those fun pictures so close together - they were children. Neither one had reached 30 by the third of them. (Spielberg was 26 when he did Jaws!!! One of the all-time great pictures, so not exactly fair to run it up against anything Bay EVER did, but still....

In fact, I'd say that the last time Spielberg did even TWO strong pictures in a row was Raiders of the Lost Ark and ET - again, admittedly two of the all time greats...and the latter released when SS was 35. He probably did it once more with Jurassic Park and Schindler's List...although I argue that the SL Oscar was for Jaws...but after that first run, more losers than winners in my book.

So if anything, the problem that each director had in keeping up the run of their best work - they grew up!

BTW, this is generally true of physicists and mathematicians, too. Newton is the exception...as he often is...with Principia Mathematica coming at age 43...but special relativity? Einstein was 26. The general rule in those fields is that if you haven't made your mark by your late 20s, you won't.

Hey, 26 is the same age that Springsteen released Born to Run, and Lennon was 26 for Sgt. Pepper...although McCartney was 25...

Anyway, I'm 50 and still love seeing sh*t blow up. Love it. I love that Bay does it the old-fashioned way - pyro and real metal. He's one of the guys that I cheer for, and hope every one of his movies is going to be fun. For me, it's been five years since that happened in a big way, but I look at what's coming (check his IMDb profile) and think, hey, if that's even a LITTLE interesting, I'm there. Because there's plenty of directors I like who have gone more than five years without enthralling me. *cough*Spielberg*cough*

Not that I can tell you anything about the end of Transformers 2. :-)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:33:52 pm

Speaking of Spielberg, I bought a used VHS of "Duel" to show my boys, and it was fun connecting things in that movie to Jaws later. They really enjoyed it, though they hadn't expected to.

There are ugly rumors of a Jaws remake in development with Tracy Morgan as Matt Hooper.

"Farewell, and adieu, to ye fair Sapnish la--dieeesss...."

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:41:22 pm

If you did not like Transformers 2 you will love this version of it!

Me personally, I did not like the twins and would prefer not to see them in the third movie.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Louis McLellan
on Jul 1, 2010 at 9:43:33 am

Once again Speaking of Speilberg, has anyone ever watched the episode of "Night Gallery" he directed and wrote? I think it's a must see.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index

Tyler Martinez
on Mar 23, 2011 at 1:53:40 am

dude what is wrong with you man i know more about transfomers all the names and stuff u better not make fun of it again OK!!!!!......

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]