FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross-posted : 1-10-100 program

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Cross-posted : 1-10-100 program
on Mar 11, 2019 at 4:05:58 pm

If you make video promos and have to explain the process to clients, you need to watch this and more to the point make THEM watch it:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Ten-Hundred-Adam-Lisagor/dp/B07K3ZJPN7

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Cross-posted : 1-10-100 program
on Mar 12, 2019 at 2:36:40 pm

They posted a video months ago and actually showed parts of each video and I recall they really liked the middle one. I didn't realize this was a full-blown documentary.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Cross-posted : 1-10-100 program
on Mar 12, 2019 at 3:06:59 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Mar 12, 2019 at 3:22:46 pm

Well, to put a finer point on that, they said the jump from 1 grand to ten grand was obvious; the jump from the middle to the 100K was, in a lot of ways, less so.

The camera and lighting were better, there was more art direction and set details, they used real actors and had the benefit of dollies and sliders... and all of that "reads" in the final output... but it didn't make the mid-level $10K spot look all that bad.

What they learned to appreciate from the exercise was also that the huge budget ends up limiting you during the shoot to what's been meticulously planned, and it makes sudden improv changes potentially very expensive, whereas with the lower budgets and small crews, there's more flexibility, by comparison, to stop and say: "Hey, i got an idea, let's change/try this instead..."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]