FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best cop film ever

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Best cop film ever
on Jan 25, 2019 at 3:10:25 am

I started watching Brooklyn 99, a show about police detectives. They started debating over what the best cop movie is. Made me think. What is your favorite? Die Hard, Speed (I almost put Speed 2 in as a joke), Hot Fuzz, Lethal Weapon? This list goes on and on. It seems to be a genre they don't seem to make a whole lot of these days.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Best cop film ever
on Jan 25, 2019 at 2:29:01 pm

Dirty Harry - from the beginning to the end Harry Callahan is depicted as a cop who is dedicated to catching bad guys and doing whatever it takes to do so.

Colors - perhaps the first theatrical look at LA gangs in the 1980s.

The Naked Gun - This movie was funny but like most silly cops, Frank Drebin eventually solves the crime. Lots of memorable scenes and jokes. Getting Leslie Neilsen, Pricilla Presley, Ricardo Montalban, OJ Simpson, George Kennedy and even Reggie Jackson in the same movie was brilliant. The sequels were pretty good too.

Die Hard - not sure if this is the best cop movie, but it is a pretty great Christmas movie. The movie made Bruce Willis a big movie star and really defined the new era of action movie.

Beverly Hills Cop - for the record, this was the first R rated movie I saw with my parents in a movie theater. Eddie Murphy at his best, delivering jokes and physical action.

Chinatown - Jack Nicholson in one of his best early roles.

Heat - The first movie starring Pacino and DeNiro, although they did not have many scenes together. The bank shootout is one of the best shootouts in movie history.

Silence of the Lambs - technically Clarice Starling is a cop - edge of your seat movie the whole way through and the finest performance from Anthony Hopkins

Witness - early in Harrison Ford's 1980s dominance this movie was a departure from the typical murder mystery and really a great blend of action and suspense

The Untouchables - a really good depiction of the hunt for Al Capone with Costner, Connery and DeNiro. Brian Depalma has some great crime movies, this one focused on the good guys.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 31, 2019 at 10:17:03 pm

Best Cop movies?

In The Heat Of The Night

French Connection

Serpico

To Live And Die In LA

LA Confidential
Heat

Colors

Silence Of The Lambs

Fargo

Robocop #1

Electraglide in Blue

The Detective, starring Frank Sinatra

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:36:05 pm

Great lists, hard to argue against the greatness.

I guess I'd add (to what isn't already there)...

Training Day

Seven

The Other Guys

The Departed

Super Troopers

Dredd (2012 version, not the Stallone one)

Return to posts index

Randal Bridges
on Feb 14, 2019 at 10:36:49 am

Oh my god, I love Brooklyn 99! And to my mind, the best cop film is Rush Hour, I want to watch it again and again

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 14, 2019 at 10:02:16 pm

I'm new to Brooklyn 99 and have made it to the 3rd session. I really have been enjoying it a lot. What a great cast.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]