FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movies that suck but I love

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Movies that suck but I love
on Nov 13, 2018 at 4:47:44 pm

Call it a guilty pleasure or whatever you want but I imagine we all love some films that tanked in the box office and where shunned by fans and critics. If you are willing to admit what film did you enjoy?

A film called "The Chase" came out in 1994 starting Charlie Sheen. It's a comedy about a guy who is going to go to jail for life for a crime he didn't commit. So he goes on the run and ends up in an OJ Simpson style car chase. This movie bombed in the theater. I tried to find the rotten tomatoes score but it keeps taking me to a page that is down. But I bet it isn't a good rating. I purchased the film on VHS back in 1995 and really liked it. It was funny. Not fall out of your seat funny but enough jokes to make it worthwhile. Granted I haven't seen it in a while but I loved the producer in the car pursuing Charlie Sheen. Having worked in the news I thought this character was great. He had all of the best jokes that I can't share because they are at the end of the film. So just sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy the ride...if you can find it anywhere ☺

Not sure if UHF can fall under this category as well? It bombed at the box office but because it was up against Batman, Indian Jones and the Last Crusade and the Wizard! 1989 had a lot of great films so UHF didn't stand a chance. It did make a killing in DVD sales years later. This film is comedy gold!

What movies do you like that the rest of the world seems to dislike?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Movies that suck but I love
on Nov 13, 2018 at 8:32:09 pm

I can watch, and enjoy, all three Jaws sequels. I've seen them all multiple times. By choice!

Ohhh, but I have a lot of guilty pleasure movies, though. Too many to unpack here, I think. I've seen The Mighty Ducks 2 at least 10 times in my life. AT LEAST.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 13, 2018 at 8:41:55 pm

I loved the Mighty Ducks. I just introduced that movie to my kids a couple weeks ago and they loved it. I guess we'll have to watch D2 next. I looked on Rotten Tomatoes and can't believe the Mighty Ducks has a 21% critics rating. Those critics are stone cold heartless thugs.

Win, Win, Win!

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 14, 2018 at 10:59:45 pm

Well... if the criterion is low box office numbers and lack of critical acclaim... lessee.... one that fits the bill and yet I ike it is an obscure romcom called Hot Pursuit, with John Cusack and Robert Loggia in a boy-chases-his girl story:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 16, 2018 at 4:25:05 pm

Another one I can think of is the movie version of "The Fountainhead". I think I'm mostly in love with the art direction, as the script was crap. I'd like to see that re-imagined, without all the Randian philosophical claptrap, but just focusing on the idea of architecture and the iconoclastic, uncompromising architect bucking industry trends.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]