FORUMS: list search recent posts

Justice League

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Justice League
on Nov 20, 2017 at 6:00:56 pm

One can certainly tell that this movie was cut together from two different directors' competing visions. It alternates between Snyders' "grimdark" aesthetic and Wheedon's "happy fun time team" in a haphazard kind of way. In fact, I think it's some kind of achievement that a somewhat coherent movie emerged from this Frankenstein operation at all.

What's good:

Batman and Wonder Woman have great chemistry and character development here.
Flash is really well-done
Cyborg is decently done considering they skip his origin story and go right into him as already developed.

Amazon battle sequence was really exceptional... and yet, it's not that huge a plot element that it *needed* to be so epic and long.

Not so good:

"Hillbilly Aquaman". There's just not enough there to make sense of him, and the characterization choices are very Johnny Knoxville. His powers seem to vary from scene to scene. His motivation is erratic.

Batman's suit: Seems like a chunk of rubber caved into a statue, inhabited by the actor. It wears Him, instead of the other way around. Affleck's not bad as Wayne or Batman, but he's working uphill in that suit.

Clark's moustache: Kind of an uncanny philtrum.

The villain: unfocused motivation and weak plotting of his behaviors. Not as well-excuted as similar characters in Marvel movies.

I think that credit the thing works at all should go t the editing team on this, though I think the movie could have been better if it was longer, to give characterization more room. Movie makes less sense if you didn't see Batman Vs. Superman first.

I saw it in Imax; save your money and watch in regular screen size. I give it a B to B-minus.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Justice League
on Nov 23, 2017 at 2:54:01 am

nice review! very constructive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]