FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spiderman Homecoming

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Spiderman Homecoming
on Jul 10, 2017 at 8:09:35 pm

The best since, and perhaps in some ways, better than Raimi/ MGuire's first one.

Smoothly and seamlessly updated in subtle ways, I was impressed by the well-developed villain, miles away from the corny second-tier origins in the comics and 60's animation. Michael Keaton OWNED this role and very nearly upstages the lead. In a break from tradition, loner Peter Parker gets a best friend to help the audience get a window into his thoughts and feelings.

There's terrific ensemble chemistry, and a lot of "easter eggs" and little nuggets here and there for the deep comic nerd to detect and ponder. But thank God it's not another rebooted origin story. This one is set in a period after Avengers; Civil War, and smoothly branches off of the end of that film to be it's own thing.

Robert Downey Junior has maybe eight minutes in this but rocks every second as Tony Stark. I don't think anybody is going to be able to take over that role when Robert's done, not for a decade, at least.

I really wasn't expecting the mid-movie plot twist, and it was awesome, if transparent in hindsight.

This movie's 3-d version is converted from a 2-d master; I saw it "flat" and liked it fine, not sure it needed 3-d.

Be patient! Stay for the very end of the credits for a hysterical message .

Go see this one; it's really, REALLY good.

Return to posts index

Mariebelle Miguello
Re: Spiderman Homecoming
on Jul 17, 2017 at 9:00:39 am

I still haven't seen the movie but I agree 100% on that part about RDJ.

Mariebelle Miguello

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Spiderman Homecoming
on Aug 30, 2017 at 5:23:39 pm

Fun film. I swear Tim said he would like to see a Spider Man film with a high school aged kid in high school. If he did then maybe some big shot movie executives read this forum.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]