FORUMS: list search recent posts

Netflix "GLOW"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Netflix "GLOW"
on Jun 26, 2017 at 4:24:40 pm

I've binged the first 6 episodes and I liked the depth and pacing of the story. The acting chemistry among leads Brie, Gilpin, and Maron is great. Who knew Marc Maron couls ct? Given, he's again basically playing himself, but still, I found it easy to buy his characterization. The frenemy chemistry of Gilpin and Brie is palpable, they really sell it. The ensemble cast are all very good, with Sydelle Noel particularly showing a lot of dimension, and the slow reveals of back-story are rewarding. The scripts are by turns funny and introspective, and the story arc of consequences from choices, and the nature of relationships and work friends stands very strong over the episodes, as well as the overall cynicism about the TV industry. The well-portrayed period setting offers opportunities for satire that don't go untapped. A rotating stable of directors each take their own look at the story but the overall vision remains remarkably consistent overall. It's a cut above and a show that would have been a hit on Showtime or HBO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]