FORUMS: list search recent posts

Amazon's Sneaky Pete is a really excellent show.

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Amazon's Sneaky Pete is a really excellent show.
on Feb 10, 2017 at 4:08:31 pm

Ribisi really shows his acting range in this, and all the character actors in it do an amazing job. Vic, the heavy, is played by Brian Cranston, as a guy meaner than Walter White ever was. The simple plot leads to Byzantine story lines and the cliffhangers are worthy of being called cliff-hangers.

A con man gets out of prison and assumes the identity of another cellmate on the outside, worming his way into a family where he pretends to be long-lost cousin Pete. This is to hide himself from Vic, a vengeful underworld character and con victim from Pete's past, who holds Pete's real brother hostage and threatens to cut off the man's fingers, unless Pete makes a deadline to restore money he'd stolen from Vic. Pete is in danger of being unmasked as a fraud on almost a moment-by-moment basis, and how he keeps all the juggling balls in the air is mesmerizing to watch. If you watch the first two episodes, you WILL be hooked.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Amazon's Sneaky Pete is a really excellent show.
on Feb 10, 2017 at 9:33:00 pm

Completely agree!!!

Sneaky Pete on Amazon is one of the best shows in recent years. BRILLIANT writing with more twists and turns than a plate of spaghetti. Cranston co-wrote the pilot, directed one of the 10 episodes and is an Exec. Producer on the whole show. Seems fairly obvious that he picked up some serious chops from the times he sat in on the writer's room for Breaking Bad. Also Margo Martingale and Peter Peter Gerety are also BRILLIANT actors.

I can hardly wait to buy this first season when released as a DVD so friends who don't have or are unable to stream Amazon Prime will be able to see it.

(And Mark, I think the character is "Vince" not "Vic." But then I could be wrong.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]