FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Audio viewing experiences.

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Billington
3D Audio viewing experiences.
on Jul 13, 2016 at 10:00:19 am

So I came across this on VR Focus and followed up the Kickstarter link, I've got to say I'm pretty impressed.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2016/06/waves-audio-launches-immersive-audio-softwa...

I'm thinking the one thing missing from viewing films with headphones is that sense of epic space you get from a big theatre. It brings back that sense of excitement and awe back into a good film.

I haven't been that impressed with the current gen of 3D audio., it didn't work the best, always thought it was a bit gimmicky. It seems it's because they didn't get the tech quite right. It's understandable, though, given how the head, face and body, interact with the way we perceive sound and sense of environment. But that's my opinion anyway.

What I think is great about this particular idea is you can pressed much use any set of headphones. It will also track your head through space, even as you turn your head.

What does everyone else think?? Anyone else getting into these 3D audio listening experiences

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: 3D Audio viewing experiences.
on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:27:31 pm

Can they add a feature where someone can talk behind me while I watch a movie :-)

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 14, 2016 at 2:32:25 am

Hahaha!!

I'm not sure that's a feature most people want, although it would certainly add to the sense of realism!!

I'm also loving its potential application for virtual reality. Its one thing to have immersive visuals, but if the audio experience doesn't match up it can certainly ruin the illusion. George Lucas said that sound is 50% of the film, and he's right. You can get away with a less than perfect image quality, it can even look stylised. However as soon as sound starts dropping below par on quality, it really subtracts from the film.

So I believe the same will still hold true for VR experiences.

Not to mention, having audio that matches the 3D visuals will also reduce that motion sickness that some people have been experiencing. Since that is caused by the eyes and ears perceiving two different experiences at the same time.

Return to posts index

catriona collins
on Jul 19, 2016 at 11:29:55 am

I always wanted to watch movie in theater with Headphones. I like the idea and it will be very famous in coming years.

Understanding the need for professional outlook has eventually led us to offer you the best 2D Animation Video Services that would revolutionize your business. Finding your best designer is a step away with Web video site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]