FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardcore Henry and all-POV filmmaking

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Hardcore Henry and all-POV filmmaking
on Mar 8, 2016 at 4:50:23 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Mar 8, 2016 at 4:50:42 pm

The last time someone tried this, it was the last reel of the movie version of the game: "Doom". That didn't work out very well. This one isn't just one reel, but the entire movie.... Still, I'm sure the novelty effect alone will get a good audience for the opening weekend. Does anybody wanna take bets though, on how many viewers leave the theatre dizzy, heaving and puking?

I'd be interested in the BTS making-of for this project, more than actually going to see the movie.

Also, not at all new, actually...
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/34657/Lady-In-The-Lake-The-Original-Trai...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Hardcore Henry and all-POV filmmaking
on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:20:22 pm

I saw the trailer before "Deadpool" last week and it was hard to watch!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Hardcore Henry and all-POV filmmaking
on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:10:48 pm

This movie is pitched to the first-person-shooter "gamer"community. But the thing I wonder about is, gamers like the POV because they're controlling it themselves. In the movie, it's a passive ride. Though there is a LARGE segment of game play videos and an audience for those recordings of actual FPS game play, they tend to be short, not movie-length.

Me, I like to watch the cinematic "cut scenes" from these games, but I find the actual game play uninteresting by comparison.
One exception might be a movie based on the game: "Mirror's Edge". That one is so stylistically unique, it might hold a general audience's attention where something like GTA, COD or Battlefield wouldn't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]