FORUMS: list search recent posts

Netflix 2016 line up so far

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Johnson
Netflix 2016 line up so far
on Mar 2, 2016 at 8:36:21 pm

Netflix will release more new programing this year then many of the big broadcasters. In their conference call they said that they will release I believe it was 600 hours of new original content this year alone. Any one catch any of the new shows or movie that has been on Netflix so far this year? Here is my list of the stuff that seems to pop out to me:

-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny I didn't like the first one so I'm not interested in this film. What are your thoughts? Was it good?

-Fuller House (This show has already been renewed for a second season. I know every show on Netflix has been renewed for at least a second season. But what is different here is how fast the renewed it which tells me alot of eye balls have been watching it. I grew up on Full House and if brings back nice memories. I watched a few episodes and I think it hold true to the original show. The thing I like about this is that I can watch it with my kids and they are really enjoying it.

-House of Cards It is only a couple of days from being released and is one of the most popular shows on Netflix.

-Jessica Jones okay, it came out last year but Daredevil was so great this should be on the list anyways. Speaking of Daredevil, that is just around the corner.

I don't know, what are your thoughts and likes?

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Netflix 2016 line up so far
on Mar 2, 2016 at 10:43:22 pm

I've only read one review of the new Crouching Tiger movie, and it was *kind of* positive... They said it doesn't take itself as seriously as it could have, which is good. I'm considering watching it.

But I can't bring myself to watch Fuller House, and I used to watch Full House all the time. It just looks... bad. But I'm basing that entirely on the one trailer I watched, which failed to get a single smile out of me. I guess if it's treated as a straightforward kids show, then more power to it. If it wants to appeal to the now-adults who used to watch it, well, it hasn't gotten my attention. And I'm an idiot who is excited for the Nicktoons and Legends of the Hidden Temple movie they announced recently.

I watched the first two episodes of Daredevil, and then I got distracted and haven't returned to it. And I'm not exactly excited to return. But everyone tells me it gets better once Kingpin shows up. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of the corny production quality of comic book/superhero TV shows in general. It's like the movies, but not as well made! Cool...?

I also pulled that same two episode abandonment with season 3 of Orange is the New Black. I'll get back to it eventually. Maybe?

Truth is, I struggle to keep up with Netflix, because I'm already in a constant battle with my DVR. I have several episodes of the new seasons of Better Call Saul and Walking Dead saved up that I haven't touched. We recently added Top Chef to our regular viewing which hasn't helped. And now I'm also watching some new HBO shows: Vinyl (it's just ok so far) and Animals (it's hilarious).

I started watching You Me and The Apocalypse on NBC, got 3 episodes in, and deleted it from my DVR, because I wasn't loving it, and why am I bothering with another one hour show that only kind of amuses me?

I'm not even going to get into how many reality competition shows I watch for some reason every week. I think I'm gonna abandon a few after their current seasons (I don't think I'm getting much out of Hell's Kitchen anymore). They take up too much time. Waaaaayyyyy too much time. I need to cut some of the trash TV out of my life, haha. Not that there's anything wrong with having a few trash shows in your schedule!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Netflix 2016 line up so far
on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:22:26 pm

[Scott Roberts] " I have several episodes of the new seasons of Better Call Saul and Walking Dead saved up that I haven't touched"

I've just caught up with "Better Call Saul" and I have to say it's worth taking the time. Episode 5 had some particularly fantastic Cinematography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]