FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kick-Ass

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Kick-Ass
on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:31:21 pm

I saw Kick-Ass over the weekend, and was very impressed! It reminded me a lot of the first Spiderman movie, which was probably intentional. But it was really cool how it played out the brutal reality of attempting to be a superhero (i.e. getting beat up by everyone), while at the same time having over-the-top comic book style action scenes. Definitely worth a watch if you are into the comic-book genre, and don't mind some very gory scenes and R-rated comedy.

Kick-Ass might be my favorite movie of the year so far, but that's not saying much, I think Shutter Island and How to Train Your Dragon are the only competition. Aside from those three there hasn't really been an explosion of great movies yet in 2010. I need Iron Man 2 to come out already!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Kick-Ass
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:21:52 pm

I hear a lot of talk is going on in the press about Kick-Ass, tut-tutting the little girl's foul language in the film, and how the signage at some theaters spells the name "Kick***", all the while ignoring that she brutally kills like what, 200 guys in it? I think this is an American thing, to spazz out more about sex and language, and yet give a pass to physical violence.

Anybody remember how scandalized folks were at the swearing in the original "Bad News Bears"?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Kick-Ass
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:08:11 pm

I finally got to redbox this movie, and I thought it was a solid film. The editing and camera direction were well-done; I could feel myself getting tense for the fight scenes, which shows I felt engaged by the characters and involved with their success and survival. The jet pack flight scene at the end was a bit much, but fits a comic book approach. (spoiler)I was bothered a little by how much was left out, unshown, after the Big Daddy death scene, but understand it was left out for reasons of pacing and keeping the velocity of the story going. There was a lot of "hand-waving" of plot points that you could spend hours debating with geek friends at the malt shop. But that's part of the fun, I guess. If you're looking for realism, you'er in the wrong theater:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]