FORUMS: list search recent posts

A worthy successor to Ebert?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
A worthy successor to Ebert?
on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:41:04 pm

While I hope to enjoy Roger's reviews for many more years, I have to say not since Ebert have I enjoyed a review/analysis of a film as much as the ones by this guy from RedLetterMedia. He's published long multi-part analyses of various movies on youtube, and was particularly insightful on his reviews of the various Star Trek and Star Wars films as well as Avatar.

His style is a little offbeat; he reads his review off-camera and delivers it in a style something like Sam Rockwell playing a stroke victim or raging drunk. But his ideas and anaylsis are rock-solid. Like a professor atending a dissection, he strips the cadaver of the movie apart layer by layer to reveal where it works and where it does not. And he's often hysterically funny while making his apt points, adding visual humor to illustrate his points. I would hire this guy to proof read any movie scrit in development because his B.S. detector is honed to a high peak. Check him out, see if you don't agree.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: A worthy successor to Ebert?
on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:09:15 pm

I loved the Phantom Menace review from a couple months ago, and I checked out the Attack of the Clones review over this past weekend. They are unbelievably hilarious. And the points he makes are almost scary levels of truth. I guess he does nitpick quite a bit, but I love it when he gets real serious about the emotion involved in the original trilogy compared to the newer one (I agree 100% with every critique he's ever done about light sabers). I'm looking forward to the bashing of Revenge of the Sith.

What's wrong with his face?!?!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]