FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Movies

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Bad Movies
on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:39:30 pm

There is little other way to say it - some movies should not be made.
Last night my wife brought home the Fifty Shades of Gray DVD.

This movie was so bad. I forced myself to pay attention and just could not wait for it to end. Similar to the Twilight films, it is certainly well made from a purely production point of view - decent camera, lighting, set design, etc, but dialogue so wooden you expect Hayden Christensen to emerge any moment in his Jedi cloak talking about separatists.

The naughty scenes were a step above Cinemax late night soft core, but not by much.

This movie was clearly made for the sole purpose of making money.

Can anyone name some other movies which also should have been left to the imagination?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Bad Movies
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:26:59 am

Paralyzed by the bounty of choices there. But I will often still watch a bad movie, trying to learn something from it. Often bad movies are easier to learn from in this way than classic hits.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:52:42 pm

Where is Scott's A Deadly Adoption review?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jun 29, 2015 at 10:04:26 pm

The holiday, starring Cameron Diaz, Jude law, Kate winslet and jack black. It's probably the most God awful simpering piece of garbage I've ever seen. It is so bad I walked out of the cinema and had more fun cleaning the tyres on my car outside whilst my better half watched the end.

If it isn't bad enough with a corny script and cheesy set ups for each "joke", they wheel Eli Wallach in for a few syrupy scenes that are made worse by the stupid permanent grin that jack black wears through them. He doesn't deserve to have this film blight his extraordinary career.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 30, 2015 at 11:23:36 pm

The Poltergeist remake from this year is on par with Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake in the "why did they even bother?" category.

[Stephen Smith] "Where is Scott's A Deadly Adoption review?"

I keep forgetting to DVR that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]