FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maybe the worst ever

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Maybe the worst ever
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:15:38 pm

This makes "The Room" look like Oscar material. Still, HE got distribution, can YOU say that? I can't.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/99/859215

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Maybe the worst ever
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:52:26 pm

Haha, that looks epically terrible. Is it not so bad that it's good, though? I love it when that happens. There's something magical about watching a train wreck where you know it's awful and devastating to everyone involved, but you just can't look away. As long as it's not boring. I'll take a dirt cheap, poorly acted, even more poorly written, yet entertainingly bad sci-fi movie over a well-produced Hollywood movie that's boring any day of the week. *cough* The Black Dahlia *cough* *cough*

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Maybe the worst ever
on Apr 5, 2010 at 9:20:24 pm

Well, it may be good MST3K fodder, but it's not "Ice Pirates" bad, (the "good" kind of "bad" that's still amusing), or deliberate good pretending to be bad like maybe "Skeletons of Cadavera" or "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" or "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"-bad-bad... more like Senior-High-first-draft-script-attempted-serious-student-project-movie bad. Tedious-bad. Make you yell at the screen bad.

I do look at a lot of "bad" films; I try to learn from their more obvious examples of what not to do. When you observe great film making, and try to learn from it, you always have to fight the urge to just ape the greatness directly, which is plain theft and also generally not effective anyhow, because you're stealing a scene setup or angle out of the overall context that made it great. But in watching the bad examples, NO WAY you are going to consciously or unconsciously imitate the bad work. That's my take on it.

But also let me make clear that my disgust for the film is countered by my grudging admiration that someone MADE something; completed a movie, and moreover, GOT IT DISTRIBUTED. In that respect this guy is in the mold of a Roger Corman, though not as talented. And Corman has made more movies than just about anybody, and except for maybe three of them, the rest of his oveure' ALL made a profit. maybe not blockbuster profit, but enough to bankroll the next film, and the next, and the next... Nobody else in Hollywood can really say that.

Until next week, this is Leonard Pinth-Garnell, for "Bad Cinema".

"There, that wasn't very good now, WAS it."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]