FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marvel's Daredevil

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Marvel's Daredevil
on Apr 1, 2015 at 6:54:47 pm

Anyone excited for Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix? I really haven't heard a hole lot of hype for this, but I really didn't hear anything on Marco Polo either and Netflix claims it was a major success so maybe I'm out of the loop. What are your thoughts on Daredevil?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Marvel's Daredevil
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:05:03 pm

Will Ben Affleck be in this?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:06:34 pm

He's now Batman.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:28:51 pm

[Stephen Smith] "He's now Batman."

How will Batman work if he is blind? So is Daredevil Batman's alter-alter-ego?

I heard Matt Damon would be playing Robin in the new Batman Movie, which suggests that Jen Garner should play Catwoman - or Batgirl perhaps.

I started Agents of Shield on Netflix, which is good, though I stopped after 5 episodes. Having learned that my buddy Eddie J. Olmos will be on this season, I think I'll pick it up again.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:32:50 pm

I love this image:

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:23:06 pm

Cautiously optimistic? Although I am seriously not looking forward to yet another origin retelling.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:24:38 pm

Do you already have Netflix?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:38:01 pm

[Jeff Hinkle] " I am seriously not looking forward to yet another origin retelling."

I've come to HATE origin stories. I can't think of the last time one of them added anything to the story. And if you need an EARLY story, you don't need to go back all the way to the beginning.

For example, one of my favorite scenes in the (otherwise not that good) Cavill Superman is when Lois finds Clark's mom. We learn so much about both of those women AND Clark, and we didn't have to see Krypton to appreciate it. In fact, we'd have probably appreciated it more if we didn't have to have waited 30 minutes to get there.

Actually, the one I enjoyed was Captain America: The First Avenger. It was told with wit, energy, and an economy that belied its 2-hour running time. Compare this to Thor, only 100 minutes long, but felt like 200.

Just gimme the story. I can keep up. My favorite characters in The Avengers, besides Cap, which I NEVER would have guessed, were the ones played by ScarJo, Renner, and Ruffalo's take on The Hulk. Not an origin story between them. And even though we've heard The Hulk's story before (SO NO NEED TO BOTHER), we barely have any idea why he's in this remote area....and it doesn't MATTER. We can keep up.

After all, wasn't the dregs of the Star Wars "saga" the origin of Darth Vader? Completely implausible, and ultimately irrelevant. I didn't need to see Little Annie Skywalker to feel the impact of "I am your father." Finding out the details actually made it more boring.

All that said, I completely agree with cautiously optimistic. Both Daredevil and Elektra are characters too good to waste in two not very good movies. PERFECT for reboot, PERFECT for a series.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:43:33 pm

[Tim Wilson] "the origin of Darth Vader? Completely implausible"

What? He was a teenager in love and then slaughtered a kindergarten because an old dude told him to. What's so implausible about that?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:50:13 pm

[Jeff Hinkle] "What? He was a teenager in love and then slaughtered a kindergarten because an old dude told him to. What's so implausible about that?"

It would have been a bit more plausible if in Episode 1 Anakin was perhaps 12 years old, instead of 8. Plenty of 12 year olds have taken the family car for a joyride or hooked up with an older neighbor, 8 year olds, not so much. Then by Ep 2 he would be 22, and 25 by III.

Maybe Disney should redo the prequels

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 2, 2015 at 2:18:00 pm

This new version of DD features Vincent Denofrio as the kingpin, and he looks great in the teaser footage. I was one of the ten or so people that liked Affleck's Daredevil movie, and I'm not going to apologize for any of it. The visual effects for his special way of seeing through sound vibration were exceptionally well-done. The remake should hope to do as well.

As to Vader's origin story, I blame Lucas' ham-fisted editing choices, because he did shoot sequences about the formation of the Rebel alliance, in which Padme figures centrally, and had we seen that plus Annikin finding out that she was setting this up, behind his back, while he's been struggling for years to hold the Empire together and defend it from rebels:... that would have made for very powerful and believable motivation for him to feel utterly betrayed, and then to go on a Jedi-killing revenge spree.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 13, 2015 at 5:50:43 pm

Watched the 1st episode. This will make Netflix a ton of money, it is a must watch! This is everything Gotham should have been. It is the best Marvel TV show. I just wish it would be a little less blood violence it that makes any sense.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 22, 2015 at 2:36:57 pm

I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum watching the show. It just got renewed for a second season. Plus, Netflix stock has been killing it the last two quarters due to increased subscribers. I feel it has a lot to do with their original programing and Daredevil is worth checking out.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]