FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are you Binge Watching?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
What are you Binge Watching?
on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:41:59 pm

We are on the last few episodes of Fringe. I watched the pilot back in 2008 and didn't continue, and didn't realize it lasted 5 seasons. Well we discovered the show back in December and have been ravenously watching it ever since - to the point where we were wondering if the new seasons of broadcast shows had started yet, and we had missed a few weeks worth.

For those who don't know, Fringe is about an FBI unit that investigates weird phenomena, usually involving the death of one or more innocent civilians. Much of the madness is somehow related to the 1980's experiments by Dr Walter Bishop, a Harvard scientist who has until recently been in a mental hospital.

Without giving anything away, there is a lot more to this than meets the eye, and I could not believe the places this show went.

Now granted it is from JJ, Orci and Kurtzman, and I have seen LOST, so I could sort of figure out that there would be more than meets the eye and a common thread running to the end.

If you have a free 100 hours to spare check it out.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: What are you Binge Watching?
on Feb 11, 2015 at 8:00:56 pm

I wish I could binge watch something! Lately I seem to be in a constant struggle to keep up with my DVR for new shows. But that could be because I've "unfortunately" tangled myself up in a bunch of cooking competition shows and trivia challenges. I put "unfortunately" in quotes because I enjoy them despite knowing full well that they are kind of unimportant TV. But I still have plenty of scripted TV in the mix too.

I kind of WANT to start binge watching Archer or Justified, if I can find the time/motivation.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 11, 2015 at 8:41:11 pm

For no good reason, I recently binge-watched the entire run of "Andromeda", the SF series starring Kevin Sorbo, on YouTube, when I was off my feet for 4 days recovering from a sprain. As I remembered, the first 1-2 seasons were good to fair, then it lost direction and spiraled into un-watchability in subsequent seasons. But I was a captive audience:-) My wife recently bought the series The Borgias, on DVD, for an upcoming binge, but right now, thanks to never-ending interruptions to a drawn-out home renovation, we're doing well to be only an ep or two behind in our weekly DVR's shows.

A good show to binge-watch is the rebooted Battlestar Galactica, if you never got around to it in first run. Also, Star Trek, DS-9 or Babylon 5; because of their long plot and character arcs, watching these in binge mode makes that aspect, the pay-offs, more enjoyable.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Feb 12, 2015 at 4:44:10 pm

Danger 5! I stumbled onto this show this week, they have a prequel mini-web series, which amounts to one episode online, plus their previous project the "Italian Spider-Man" you can find on YouTube. The show is a cheesy throw-back to 60's era campy spy shows. It is ridiculous fun.

I have also kept Friends hot in the queue when I just need to chill out for a bit. It's comfort watching. It's a throwback, nothing is more '90s than sitting home alone watching Friends.

My wife and I are also binge watching a show the old-school way. Our nearby library has every season of the Jeffersons on DVD, so my wife and I are about five seasons in now. Damn good show.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]