FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fury

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Fury
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:27:56 pm

Just got around to this one over the weekend, and I was impressed with what is basically a modern-day "300 at Thermopylae" re-telling, mixed with minor elements or echoes of "Das Boot", "Full Metal Jacket", and "Platoon". It's not a new plot line, but it is VERY well-executed, so that it feels fresh.

From the gritty, hyper-realistic photography and effects, to the believable inter-personal dynamics of the crewmembers, this one hits all the right notes.

I only wished the last crane shot, rising from the tank, was longer, because it was so effective.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Fury
on Feb 4, 2015 at 10:48:21 pm

Yeah I liked it a bunch too, it nearly made my top 10 of last year. The only glaringly bad thing about it was probably how the war would seem to stop for two minutes when someone got shot so that everyone could cry and say goodbye. I think, realistically, they'd have to just keep fighting the 200 Nazis around them. But it's a Hollywood movie starring Brad Pitt, should I have expected different?

I loved the colorful ammo streaks, though. I want to rent this again soon, I've noticed it's at most Redboxes now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]