FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Runaways

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Runaways
on Mar 22, 2010 at 2:45:09 pm

Saw the new film, The Runaways, over the weekend which is about the all-girl rock band from the mid-1970s that had Joan Jett as the guitarist. I have to say, as far as formulaic music biopics go, this one was pretty good, or at least pretty entertaining... At the very least it tried to do something creative and stylistic with several scenes, you can tell the director was trying hard to make this different than Ray or Walk the Line or whatnot. Ultimately the plot, though, was fairly conventional for this type of film, but I'm a sucker for music biopics from that era, so I thought just on concept alone it was great. And it had an awesome soundtrack, plenty of Bowie and The Stooges. And like most people who see this, you will probably be shocked looking at Dakota Fanning doing what she does in this movie!

But overall I though it did a good job of capturing the attitude of that genre of music, the acting was good for the most part (especially Kristen Stewart and Michael Shannon), and if you are at all a fan of this type of music, it's definitely worth seeing. Not many movies nowadays allow for a full music sequence featuring Bowie's "Lady Grinning Soul"...!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]