FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zombieland

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Zombieland
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:26:11 pm

My wife HATES horror movies, in any forms: however, she asked to see this and watched it with me and the kids and enjoyed it. She kept saying that Woody Harrelson must have had the most fun time making this. I loved Bill Murray's cameo.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Zombieland
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:43:21 pm

One of the few movies I've seen in memory that 100% delivers on its premise. I thought that it was very nearly flawless, and a complete gas.

I should mention that I too am one of those people who NEVER watches gory movies, EVER. But I was pulled in by some funny ads, and found the movie even funnier than I expected. A great feat of imagination and execution, recommended even for people who have no use for zombies.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:52:29 pm

I concur - a few moments were just perfect.

Just listened to an interview with the screenwriters. They originally pitched this as a TV series but it was deemed too expensive to produce, and was actually passed along to the film division of the studio. The movie is basically the first 3 episodes.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:33:36 pm

I can see that, now that you mention it. That would have made a hell of an HBO or Showtime episodic series.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:23:19 pm

I loved Zombieland! As a fan of zombie movies new and old, this was a refreshingly comical take on the whole thing. I also enjoyed how it also works as a coming-of-age story as well. I've already heard talk of sequels, so there should be more Zombieland to come!

And yeah, the entire Bill Murray sequence had me on the floor laughing. It's funny that perhaps the most "feel good movie" of last year was a rated-R zombie movie.

Return to posts index

Harry Pallenberg
on Mar 19, 2010 at 9:14:45 pm

Another vote... one of the best films of the year IMHO. From the opening moment it was 110% full speed ahead.

Thanks,
Harry

Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc
Forum Cowmunity Leader: HDV

Dual 1.8 G5 ** 2GB ** 10.5.4 (Office / Photoshop)
Dual 2.0 G5 ** 4GB ** 10.5.4 Kona 2 (FCP 6.0.4 Machine)

http://www.womeninboxes.com
The Documentary Film about Magic's Better Half.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]