FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Force Has Woken Up, You Guys

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Force Has Woken Up, You Guys
on Nov 28, 2014 at 5:17:33 pm

It's nothing but random imagery, but it's, like, STARS WARS-related random imagery!

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: The Force Has Woken Up, You Guys
on Dec 1, 2014 at 2:53:50 pm

Honestly, I haven't watched this yet. Looking at the play button here is making it really tempting though. I know there are constant "leaks" and official releases, but honestly, I'm sold already. And when I'm sold I tend to stay away from the marketing as much as I can so I can keep it as fresh as possible. Maybe that is because I was also the kid who refused to look at his Christmas presents early even if I had the chance because I wanted to preserve the excitement of Christmas Day.

I imagine I will watch it at some point. This is really hard to avoid/say no to.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 1, 2014 at 3:37:39 pm

Your right, a bunch of random images....but that was awesome! JJ Abrams did such a great job with Star Trek! Can't wait to see what he does with Star Wars.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 1, 2014 at 4:40:27 pm

I am one of the people who heard the teaser would be released on iTunes on 11/28 - stayed up until midnight, went to iTunes, and only saw a teaser for the teaser. Went to sleep. Happened to be up at 3am to get a drink of water, checked the site again to no avail. Woke up at 6:30 Friday, nothing except a tweet from Bob Iger clarifying that 11/28 in Disney-language actually means 11:15am EST. Apparently Disney still has a lot to learn about punctuality.

At 11:15 I watched the teaser, and again, and again.

The new thing since the last round of SW movies is the mature Internet coupled with the passionate / fill in your own adjective fanboys with cheap powerful video technology.

Within 24 hours we have, in addition to the teaser, the Lens Flare teaser which is how JJ would have liked it to be:

The George Lucas Special Edition teaser, with loads of inappropriate digital crap added:

A version showing a cat watching the teaser (my wife likes this one the best):

And the obligatory Lego version:

and another:

and another

This one re-edits the 88-seconds down to 34 seconds to make it more Star Wars-like

And even some technical criticism of the tri-bladed light saber
(this one is in the Washington Post for heaven's sake)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/11/28/lightsaber-cri...

Here is a nice retrospective of SW teasers:
http://toybox.io9.com/looking-back-at-the-history-of-star-wars-teaser-trail...

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 1, 2014 at 5:29:21 pm

JJ always goes bigger:

I bet you can get really good TV signals on that thing...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 6, 2014 at 12:42:24 am

Wes Anderson, standing by:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]