FORUMS: list search recent posts

Galaxy Quest

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Galaxy Quest
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:41:31 pm

Galaxy Quest is a great movie. I really think they nailed the original Star Trek well. Tim Allen did such a great job as a William Shatner type of character.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Galaxy Quest
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:22:59 pm

Agreed; a note-perfect homage by people who loved what they were parodying, same as the Weird Al thing I mentioned in "UHF". I also really liked what Tony Shaloub did in that movie; we had a chief engineer with the same deadpan laconic delivery about dire things:

"Captain, my guys down here say the hyperdrive is about to blow up or something, so..... you know, FYI.... might want to, you know, slow down..."

My wife also really loved the makeup and effects work for Saris the bad guy. I appreciated that some guy went to the trouble of making up an SAP audio channel on the DVD that was all in Thermian for the whole movie.

If you look closely, a young Rainn Wilson from before becoming Dwight on "The Office" in in there, and has like one line, as one of the Thermians.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 6, 2010 at 2:44:25 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Galaxy Quest is a great movie."

You are CORRECT sir. And so is Mark - thanks for the pleasant memories.

In fact this is a case where the parody has more emotional depth than the original(s).

Bob C

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 11, 2010 at 3:25:47 pm

I just got back from a trip where I visited Goblin Valley, Utah. That is where they filmed the scenes on the planet with the Rock Monster. Very cool place.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]