FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who can't wait for the Avatar sequels?

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kylee Peña
Who can't wait for the Avatar sequels?
on Nov 26, 2014 at 9:14:15 pm

I sure can, BUT I thought this quote from James Cameron about them was too good:

“They’re gonna be b****in’. You will sh** yourself with your mouth wide open.”

Oh, to have that level of confidence.

He's decided to shoot them at 48FPS, but I thought this was far more interesting:

As it turns out, [Peter] Jackson and his writing team, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, made a significant contribution to Avatar. “When Neytiri is holding Jake and she’s just brought him back to consciousness, the 'I see you' line was suggested by them,” remembers Cameron. “It might have been Peter who said that.”

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42852

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Who can't wait for the Avatar sequels?
on Nov 26, 2014 at 9:41:57 pm

For me what made Avatar so great was the 3D...which has changed cinema forever and is no longer something that would make me go to the theater to just check out the 3D. I would never watch Avatar at home because compared to most movies it really wasn't that great. That being said, James Cameron knows how to make movies people love to pay money to see. Including me. So I won't cast any judgment on the Avatar sequels yet. However, the Bourne sequel is one I can't wait for.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:05:08 pm

[Kylee Wall] "“They’re gonna be b****in’. You will sh** yourself with your mouth wide open.”

Oh, to have that level of confidence."

The trick to having that kind of confidence is just having it. No kidding. Just say the words, and you're 90% of the way there.

Boss: Kylee, how's the thing coming?

Kylee: It's gonna be b****in'. You will sh** yourself with your mouth wide open.

BOOM.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:08:18 pm

James Cameron delivers, so when he says it it pack a punch.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:49:10 pm

The sequel I thought was pretty obvious and covered already after the closing credits of this parody:

I mean, it's just a matter of time now before a larger force arrives to do this all over again. If Cameron was going for a Vietnam thing, he left out a means for an anti-exploitation propaganda war to happen back on Earth. So, that means they just come right back with more and bigger guns and this time, leave nobody aline to stand in their way. its plot holes like that and more that keep me from re-watching Avatar, myself.
Gorgeous demo footage for showing off your home media system performance, but then again, we already have The Fifth Element for that. And Besson's plots hold together much better.

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Nov 27, 2014 at 12:47:53 am

[Tim Wilson] "Just say the words, and you're 90% of the way there."

Sounds like a great way to become a blowhard! :)

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:17:21 pm

[Kylee Wall] "Sounds like a great way to become a blowhard! :)"

There's no functional difference between having confidence and being a blowhard. People with confidence blow hard.

Everyone else just blows.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Nov 27, 2014 at 4:19:27 pm

[Kylee Wall] "You will sh** yourself with your mouth wide open."

Finally, a valid reason to wear a diaper in public! (wipes tear from eye) I've waited so long for this day...

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Nov 27, 2014 at 9:58:11 pm

I was just thinking that if the option to shit myself in a cinema with my mouth open came along, or the option to shit myself with my mouth closed, it would totally depend on what everyone else around me was doing. If they are all shitting themselves, I would prefer to have my mouth closed.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 27, 2014 at 11:03:40 pm

With the oral scatological stuff in this conversation, maybe the movie you're really thinking about here is Human Centipede?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]