FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Pacific

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Pacific
on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:55:22 pm

Did anyone else happen to catch The Pacific mini-series premier last night on HBO? I'm a huge Band of Brothers fan so I was really excited to see it. These HBO mini-series often rival films in certain ways.

I guess I was kind of underwhelmed with the first half of The Pacific last night. I'm all for character development, but I didn't feel like the first 20 minutes were all that exciting, or even showed me that much about the characters. I figured since boot camp was covered in Band of Brothers, they wouldn't do it again here. But man, the boot camp episodes seemed to help a lot in Brothers for getting emotionally attached to the characters. I know it's only the first episode so far, but they are already in the thick of things in Japan, and I don't really care about any of the characters that much yet...

I have high hopes overall, and I don't see myself giving up on The Pacific. Plus the "upcoming scenes" clips after the credits look amazing. So despite an above-average (yet not great) first episode I am looking forward to the rest of this series! They always shoot these things so well, it often feels like a Hollywood movie. I guess that's what happens when your mini-series is backed by Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: The Pacific
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:11:57 pm

[Scott Roberts] "They always shoot these things so well, it often feels like a Hollywood movie. I guess that's what happens when your mini-series is backed by Spielberg and Tom Hanks."

And, having 250 million bucks in your budget doesn't hurt the cause either.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]