FORUMS: list search recent posts

Age of Ultron Trailer

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Age of Ultron Trailer
on Oct 23, 2014 at 5:33:20 pm

Looks pretty good, you guys... Spader ain't got no strings!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Age of Ultron Trailer
on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:07:25 pm

Disney is going to make enough money on this that they will rule the world!

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 23, 2014 at 10:13:47 pm

Hail, Hydra!

This is a ratings blow for the TV show Agents Of Shield, which was going to have the Ultron teaser trailer premiere during it's next episode. Maybe they'll cut another one in a week?

Spader is awesome on The Black List, but he has this visual tic his character does there, where, while he's mulling over something, reminiscing, or just being dramatic, he does all these jaw/mouth manipulations that seem like he's trying to dislodge an errant caraway seed from his rear gums with his tongue instead of a flosspick. It can get a little distracting when he's really selling it, and I bring this up only because Ultron, being in a robotic body, can't do that bit of business, but they DID motion-cap Spader's postures very accurately go with the vocal performance. Kind of like you can tell Hugo Weaving by his body language, even behind the V mask.

I notice Ultron has eyebrows, (where iron Man does not) which Spader as an actor must enjoy using as part of the performance.

The Pinocchio references are so perfect at multiple levels since disney owns Marvel too.

I know I heard a huge nationwide "squee" when the scenes of the Hulkbuster armor came up. Clearly, the Avengers are having some internal dissention with Banner at least.

Oh and BTW, this is old now but some folks may not know about it... look for the one-shot "Hail To the King" short with Ben Kingsley repeating his role as Trevor, the fake Mandarin, during a TV interview from prison. Just really, really fun, and adds some to he larger overall story. This I believe was one of the bonus extras in the Thor Blue Ray, but it's found it's way to youtube as well.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 27, 2014 at 6:35:23 pm

"Hail To the King" was great. I think the Marvel One Shot Shorts are amazing and I wish they would do more. For anyone upset with the Mandarin not following the comics this short film is especially for you.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]