FORUMS: list search recent posts

uhf

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
uhf
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:49:53 pm

I loved UHF a lot. When it came out on VHS we rented it. My Dad just had surgery so laughing really hurt. He thought the movie looked stupid and was not worried about laughing. He made it half way through and had to leave the living room. I love it when Kuni and his gang jump out of the supply closet and yell, "Supplies".

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: uhf
on Mar 10, 2010 at 9:55:51 pm

Yeah that movie is hilarious.

I saw Weird Al perform live once, it must have been a little over a decade ago when I was 13 or 14, and he played the community college theater a mile away from my house (kinda depressing when I think about it now, but i guess it WAS sold out). But it was one of the most insane concerts I've ever been too, and also one of the greatest. The guy has charisma, that's for sure!

I heard Pee-Wee Herman is making a new movie to come out next year, why can't Weird Al get another one too?!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 10, 2010 at 10:11:04 pm

Unfortunately UHF was released the same year as: The Abyss, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Always, Back to the Future 2, Batman, Bill and Teds, The Burbs, Dead Poets Society, The Dream Team, Field of Dreams, Fletch Lives, Gosstbusters 2, Glory, Huny I shrunk the kidsIndiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon 2, The Little Mermaid, License to Kill, Major League, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Parenthood, Star Trek V, Troop Beverly Hills, Turner & Hooch, Uncle Buck and some other good films. Oh, and don't forget the Wizard. Anyways, a lot of great movies released that same year so UHF really didn't have a good chance. Had it been another year that could have been a different story. When UHF was released on DVD it was a best seller for a long time. I remember reading an article where Weird Al said, see it was a well loved movie, just released at a bad time. Unfortunately it is to late. Who knows. I sure love that movie though.

I loved Pee-Wees Big adventure as well, what movie is Paul Rubens making?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 10, 2010 at 11:18:08 pm

Oh, I meant he was making another actual Pee Wee Herman movie:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/09/pee-wee-hermans-big-screen-return-is-sc...

And that is a slew of good movies that came out that year, a handful of big name sequels thrown in there. It's probably better as a cult classic anyway, it gives it more charm.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:22:14 am

A cult classic in deed. It will be interesting to see if the Pee-Wee movie gets off the ground.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:27:39 pm

Weird Al has still got the magic, saw his show last year here and he's got to own Jame's Brown's old nickname as "The Hardest-Working Man in Show Business" for his elaborate and crowd-pleasing live performances. Dio yoursefl a favor and see him if you've never been. I promise you you will never be dissapointed.

UHF is a cult classic for sure, the reason I think Al does so well in his parody work, film or music, is that he and his band/ producers respect the material they mock and go to a LOT of extra trouble to master the original before they tear it all apart and re-make it. And he's popular with TV people anyway since many of us are born nerds inthe first place and he speaks to our inner geek.

Return to posts index

Anthony Marzilli
on Mar 12, 2010 at 8:55:28 pm

"Mr.... Do you got any change? " or... " is this it..... nope...... is this it..... nope.... is this it....... nope"

Movies great. Loved it always. Michael Richards is pretty good in the movie as well. I say its one of those movies people love or hate. I love.... i know a lot who hate. As for Al live.... I've seen him 3 times and every show is great. The costumes, the videos, the show.... everything is just great.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 13, 2010 at 1:27:22 am

For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]