FORUMS: list search recent posts

Legends, aka, Sean Bean Probably Dies

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Legends, aka, Sean Bean Probably Dies
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:20:48 am

There is a commonly held notion that Sean Bean dies in every movie or tv show in which he appears. He's been in some great films and television, notably LOTR and GOT.

TNT has a new show called Legends, about a FBI deep cover agent with multiple covers, and apparently he does not know who he really is.

The idea has potential. However after two episodes I'm afraid a death scene is close at hand. Unfortunately this is not AMC, HBO, Showtime or FX. TNT has surrounded Bean with a who's who of ok actors well suited to the big four networks and maybe USA. Tina Majorino, Morris Chestnut, Ali Larter. And for a show about undercover FBI work it is too glossy and televisiony to be believable.
And the editing is kind of disjointed.
Maybe it will hit its stride in a few more episodes, if it lasts that long.
So far the advertising is much better than the show itself.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Legends, aka, Sean Bean Probably Dies
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:33:33 am

Oh yeah, I forgot one comment that came to me during the pilot:

This show is a mess.

Created by the creator or 24 and Homeland, it takes parts of 24 (geeky support girl aka Chloe), expendable field agents and diabolical villains, and parts of Homeland (psychosis, Manchurian candidate like character arc, sexual tension with "handler") and creates neatly packaged for basic cable scenarios with not much drama, and wooden dialogue.

I feel bad for Bean, coming off Game of Thrones into this mishmash.

Surely HBO or a better network than TNT could have offered him a grittier opportunity.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Legends, aka, Sean Bean Probably Dies
on Aug 21, 2014 at 2:09:38 pm

"Cancellation is coming".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]