FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pointers

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sefton
Pointers
on Jul 24, 2014 at 9:18:29 pm

Evening all. I'm over to San Francisco, Carmel, Santa Barbara, LA and Vegas on honeymoon in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for great eateries/bars/film trivia/cool places to go that aren't so well known whilst we are there?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Pointers
on Jul 24, 2014 at 9:47:17 pm

I think, tourist trap or not, you gotta have some fresh crab at Aliotto's, on the Embarcadero. I hope it's still there.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:00:26 pm

That looks great. Just booking now-thanks mark.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54:10 pm

If you are interested in Old Timey Hollywood, go to Musso and Frank's Grill on Hollywood Blvd. Unique 1930's atmosphere and sort of like going back in time.

Check out the Barnsdall Art Park - it is on a hill overlooking Hollywood, and featuring a Frank Lloyd Wright house which last time I was there was closed for renovations.

Check out the original homes and studio locations occupied by two relatively unknown filmmakers named Roy and Walt.
http://dearoldhollywood.blogspot.com/2010/10/early-homes-and-studios-of-wal...

In San Fran you can throw a ball in any direction and hit a good restaurant, so I will leave you to that.

In Vegas there is a neat restaurant called Sensi at Bellagio where the kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant enclosed in plexiglass - just don't sit in front of the fish gutting station.

There is a good Tapas place in the Aria lobby. Again, no shortage of restaurants.
A Man vs Food episode about Vegas has some unusual choices too

Have fun and congratulations

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Jul 25, 2014 at 3:21:04 pm

Thanks mike!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]