FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wicked

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Wicked
on Jul 21, 2014 at 10:17:54 pm

Wicked is the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical that is about how the Wicked Witch of the West (Wizard of Oz) became the wicked witch. No, no James Franco in this one. The book this play is based on wasn't written by Lyman Frank Baum. It is a cool story about how you shouldn't believe everything you are told. Basically Glinda the good and the Wicked Witch of the West ( Elphaba ) attend the same collage. Elphaba is an outcast because of her green skin and ends up being room mates with Glinda the blonde popular girl who is not nice to her. They become friends and learn the truth about the Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I know my description really stinks so let me say it like this, the national touring company has Carl Sweetchuck from Police Academy playing the Wizard of Oz!

The story was really cool and made you think about propaganda. It was fun how its story ties directly into the story of The Wizard of Oz. I should point out that the night I watched the play we had the privilege of seeing Nikki Bohne who is the understudy for the role of Glinda. She really knocked it out of the park and I wouldn't be surprised if you see her a lot on broadway.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Wicked
on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:15:12 am

Never seen it, but my fiance saw it before she met me and tells me she enjoyed it. I'll probably see it when it's a $100 million film production INEVITABLY STARRING JAMES FRANCO!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]