FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need suggested clips on a particular theme

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Need suggested clips on a particular theme
on Jul 9, 2014 at 3:58:55 pm

Looking for suggestions of movie clips/scenes where people who have been bullied and displaced from their home or office or land get the last laugh, or the invader gets a comeuppance. What does the bovine gestalt suggest? Post YT or vimeo links, please.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Need suggested clips on a particular theme
on Jul 9, 2014 at 7:55:15 pm

Winning back some tenants their apartments from an evil rich guy is basically the entire premise of the Norm MacDonald movie Dirty Work:

They get their house back at the end of Jumanji:

And Arachnophobia:

I suppose the complete *opposite* of what you're looking for is Poltergeist:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:07:22 pm

There was a scene in Star Trek DS9, where Capt. Sisko (no relation) has to abandon the space station to invading forces led by villain Gul Dukat. Captain Sisko leaves a treasured memento of his behind on the desk: an autographed baseball: the implication being, Sisko, like MacArthur, WILL return to reclaim his ball. The writers have a lot of fun with that prop in scenes to follow. I just can't seem to find the exact clip on Youtube yet, though.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:13:34 pm

Oh, and I forgot the "explosive" last episode of "Little House on The Prairie".

(summary: a railroad tycoon lays claim to all of Walnut Grove and orders the townsfolk evicted, he has the law and the Army to back him up. Rather than meekly surrender their property, but unable to keep it, the citizens blow up their own homes and businesses, Stalingrad-style. Leaving only rubble to the "winner".)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 11, 2014 at 7:34:08 pm

[Mark]

Looking for suggestions of movie clips/scenes where people who have been bullied and displaced from their home or office or land get the last laugh, or the invader gets a comeuppance.

How about: Avatar, Wait Until Dark, Horse Crazy Too ( Sorry, had to throw it in since I edited it) Sneakers, Star Wars 4 & Fast 5. Plus I think that is the theme of Ferngully 1 -28. The problem with these suggestions is that the overall story is about someone trying to or successfully displacing them and they get the last laugh in the end, so there isn't really a clip, you have to watch the whole film.

As for the best bullies of all time: Biff from Back To The Future.

Ones with clips sort of:

Anchorman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGtGwkMSyWU#t=63

Ghostbusters:

Jerry Maguire:

PS, on DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story the bad guy gets a lady fired and then tells her he did it so he can then date her since employees can't date. I think you can guess how that one ended.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tanvir Hossain
on Jul 13, 2014 at 10:37:01 am

I have understood what are you saying. But at this moment I have no such types of video which you want. When I will get this I will inform you.

Regards
Tanvir Hossain

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Jul 14, 2014 at 2:31:15 pm

Well I suppose this is hitting the nail on the head:

Braveheart:

Office Space:

Wizard of Oz might be a stretch, but could be good. A lot of the buddy cop movies like Lethal Weapon or 48 Hours or more recently in Rush Hour, 21 Jump Street, The Other Guys or Starsky & Hutch where they get kicked off the case and there is always the bully in the office. A lot of these book franchise movies are that way too, Divergent, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. You could also consider it in a more allegorical sense and focus on romantic movies of love, lost and moving on like Crazy, Stupid Love, The Vow or The Philadelphia Story.

Others more fitting of hitting the nail on the head, The Simpsons Movie, Monsters Inc, The Shawshank Redemption, The Fugitive and if you are looking for some TV...Burn Notice!

Return to posts index

Tanvir Hossain
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54:33 am

The movies are awesome movies I mean. Although I havent seen all of those movies. But I can tell they are splendid movies.

Md.Tanvir Hossain

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]