FORUMS: list search recent posts

The obligatory "Community" discusssion

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Breuer
The obligatory "Community" discusssion
on Jun 30, 2014 at 10:43:55 pm

In case you are in the dark and haven't heard the news here it is:
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-renewed-by-yahoo-for-si...

But we have already had the discussion about our thoughts on the rumors of the show finding new life online. To me there are three stories here, but the third is really the fresh one.

1. Community is coming back
2. Dan Harmon is coming back
3. The show is picked up by Yahoo!

Yahoo! has been making some big deals on the video front with SNL, WWE and others. The deals seem to hit the headlines and disappear because Yahoo! is still not mentioned in the conversation with the big three (Sorry Heat fans). Could this be the deal that really pushes them through?

I really need to explore Yahoo's video offerings some more. In the past I just got lost navigating around Yahoo! Maybe I'll find my way this time. We shall see.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: The obligatory "Community" discusssion
on Jul 1, 2014 at 12:22:53 am

Well, I'm excited that the show will continue, and perhaps the Standards and Practices clamps will loosen a bit for the online version. My suspicion is that Yahoo will put a lot of cost constraints on Harmon, more than censorship ones. Don't want a whole season of "bottle episodes".

Yahoo's marketing does seem weaker and less focused than the other video platforms out there. We'll just have to wait and see.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:00:31 pm

This news is streets ahead! As long as I never read the comments section on a Yahoo! page, I'll happily go visit their site. The last time I did that I saw a debate about Obama being a racist on an article about breakfast burritos. But it's awesome of them to pick the show up. As far as I'm concerned, Yahoo! videos is now cooler than NBC.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:17:13 pm

Historically, and at present, Yahoo news message boards are the best place to find the worst people. Facebook is about the same. Find a news story about the most innocuous subject, and the internet crazies will find a way to talk about gun rights and the horrible things the current President has done.

As for me, I have only seen one or two episodes of Community. I will have to get back to you

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]