FORUMS: list search recent posts

Louie needs to win some Emmys

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Louie needs to win some Emmys
on Jun 26, 2014 at 2:16:18 pm

The series is on fire this season, full of thought-provoking and discussion-provoking episodes that look deeply into the human condition. Louie C.K. is a certified genius. The performances by everyone have been as real as a slap to your face.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Louie needs to win some Emmys
on Jun 26, 2014 at 3:44:03 pm

I'm straggling behind this season, but I just finished the five part "Elevator" storyline, and I thought it was great. This is a show that feels like it's 100% in Louis' control, and it's pretty refreshing to see that. But as far as Emmys go... Is Modern Family still on? Is Jim Parsons still a thing? These (sadly) are serious obstacles in Louie's way... But I think he won a year or two ago for *writing* an episode of Louie. Yay!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 26, 2014 at 5:14:52 pm

The marijuana episode with a cameo by Jeremy Renner was a brilliant freaking movie, within the episode.

The "fat girl" episode carried nationwide buzz for weeks when it aired.

This is not some guy doing stand-up and obvious sitcom shtik. There's humor in it, but it goes so much further into human experience and relationships. Worth catching up on.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 30, 2014 at 8:36:24 pm

Louis is indeed creating thought-provoking material.
Show me a mainstream network that would allow a 5-episode arc about a man falling in love with a woman, despite not being able to communicate with traditional spoken language, nor even making an effort, and with no subtitles. That is like something you would see in a European art film.

Also, here's a funny clip:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]