FORUMS: list search recent posts

Star Wars: Episode VII Thread

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Star Wars: Episode VII Thread
on May 5, 2014 at 9:21:54 pm

Use this thread for all but earth shattering news (ie, Darth Vader did not really die at the end of Jedi). Also no spoilers - if you don't think the whole world already knows that Hayden Christensen will make a cameo as Anakin's ghost, don't post it. I can write that because it would be ridiculous and JJ Abrams knows it!

Fair game would be articles like this:

Interesting interview with one of the prop-makers on the original:
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/star-wars-roger-christian?click=feed

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII Thread
on May 5, 2014 at 9:40:07 pm

I hear Jar-jar becomes Galactic Emperor in this one, thru a slapstick accident of fate.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on May 5, 2014 at 9:49:33 pm

I seem to have violated rule number 1: No Spoilers. Apparently the guy waiting tables at the Olive Garden in Des Moines does not know how Jedi ends. Sorry dude, the cat's out of the bag.

I recently learned that George Lucas originally wanted Michael Jackson to play Jar Jar Binks. We could have had Macauley Culkin play young Anakin.

But we're getting off topic here.

Here's a nice photo of Disney CEO Bob Iger with everyone's favorite Wookie:
http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-prn/10251469_285719518255502_16...

Again, not a spoiler. The whole cast is back. Deal with it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 5, 2014 at 11:26:47 pm

We have the music covered:

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on May 6, 2014 at 1:28:23 pm

If there isn't a scene of a jawa and an ewok teaming up to table-top Boba Fett's nephew into a sarlacc pit, I'll be dissapointed. OH, I'M ASSUMING THE FAN SERVICE WILL BE STRONG WITH THIS ONE.

(puts hands in pockets, lowers head) But I'll still be there at midnight on opening day... (kicks can)

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on May 6, 2014 at 3:07:34 pm

Ain't It Cool News has a scoop on the title and the plot. I'll avoid the title, because that is a possible spoiler. But the plot is more obvious that you might have thought, and eerily reminiscent of last week's Family Guy.

Chewbacca gets sprayed by a space skunk, and Han forces him to live outside of the Falcon until the smell wears off. Well Chewie at first has some trouble living back in the wilderness of Echo Base, but eventually he learns to hunt Wampas, ride Tauntauns and decides he likes living outside (lots of opportunities for lens flares here). But then his old pal R2 convinces Chewie to move back indoors. Best friends forever. Fade to black.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on May 6, 2014 at 3:13:00 pm

[Mike Cohen] "But then his old pal R2 convinces Chewie to move back indoors. Best friends forever. Fade to black."

They'll be friends until R2 beats Chewie in a game of Dejarik...

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on May 7, 2014 at 5:19:07 pm

links are coming fast and furious now

Here's a writeup by Steve Sansweet about his collection of SW stuff
https://d23.com/steve-sansweet-star-wars-museum-may-the-fourth/?utm_source=...

And today Disney confirmed it is making 3 movies besides Episodes 7, 8 and 9 - reportedly focusing on Bib Fortuna, Snaggletooth and The Power Droid respectively.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]