FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Crazies

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
The Crazies
on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:29:04 pm

I saw the new horror film The Crazies over the weekend, it was slightly above average for a horror movie. I guess it's a remake of George Romero movie I've never heard of, but I imagine the original is better. The new one played out like 28 Days Later set in Iowa, yet less original or scary. It was kind of entertaining, though. I'll have to check out the original sometime though, because it seemed like a cool concept that just wasn't executed that well in the new one. And 99% of the time I've noticed that if a 1970s/80s horror movie is remade, the original is cooler, ballsier, and ultimately much better. [The Fog, The Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, Amityville, Black Christmas, Halloween, etc, etc, etc, the list goes on forever). And I know they are making a Nightmare on Elm Street reboot (I think it comes out next month), and I've read about future remakes of The Thing and Suspiria. sigh...

I could have seen Cop Out instead, but like 90% of Kevin Smith fans, we saw the first 3 movies and thought he was a genius, then saw EVERYTHING after that and wondered why we liked him at all. I think I've been giving him second, third, fourth, and fifth chances over the years and I've finally just now learned my lesson. I will NOT see Cop Out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]