FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fargo... The TV series!

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Fargo... The TV series!
on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:15:32 pm

Did anyone else here check out the new FX Channel series Fargo? I didn't even hear that much about it leading up to it, or when it was going to air until I actually saw it was on my Comcast menu.

I thought it was pretty promising overall. The first half sort of felt like a complete ripoff of a Coen Bros movie, like it wasn't even trying to do anything different. Billy Bob is just a (entertaining) mix between Peter Stormare's character from Fargo and Anton Chigurh from No Country From Old Men. Martin Freeman is always a great actor, but he laid the "trying to be William H Macy" thing on a little too hard in the beginning. Also, the bully on the street scene was essential to the plot, but the scene itself felt really cliche and cheesy.

So I wasn't really sold on it for the first half, but wow, the last 45 minutes of the first episode was great. It wasn't as tense as Breaking Bad or True Detective; I thought it was more fun than anything (in a grim kind of way). The original movie was mostly about people digging holes deeper and deeper until they can't get out with a hundred foot ladder, and it looks like that will be the theme of the show too. Good potential. I hope Steve Buscemi shows up as the elderly ghost of his woodchipped slain villain at some point. "We've been sitting in this seemingly endless purgatory for an hour. He's peed three times already."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]