FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disaster map

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Disaster map
on Mar 24, 2014 at 3:02:29 pm

Looks like I live in a place that is safe from disasters. I only need to worry about monsters attaching. Thought you might like this even though it only covers a 189 movies:

http://www.slashfilm.com/infographic-hollywood-disaster-map/

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: Disaster map
on Mar 24, 2014 at 4:52:23 pm

What a great idea! I remember watching Independence Day and being a little offended that they didn't make destroying Phoenix a higher priority. But in the end I felt safer. After all Arizona's worst attacks were Giant Spiders in Eight Legged Freaks, alien evolution in Evolution, Alien Abduction from Fire In the Sky and Napoleon's raid on our water park in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. So I guess I just gotta keep a look out for alien's, chemical mutants and time traveling French military commanders.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:48:11 pm
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:54:50 pm

That's a summary of a much more thorough breakdown here. It even includes a movie-by-movie list that's pretty entertaining all by itself.

The short version: having lived in or around New York, DC, Miami and LA for much of my life, I'm amazed I'm still drawing breath....

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:55:46 pm

The map has a monster attach on Utah, I thought it was the Hulk but it turns out it is Ice Spiders. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight knowing that Ice Spiders could be in my back yard.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:00:15 pm

Could be worse, Stephen: Ice Spiders could be in your IMDB credits:-)

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:08:30 pm
Last Edited By Scott Roberts on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:09:31 pm

I'm sure people could nitpick the list for exclusions, which isn't fair because it looked like a decent amount of work went into this, and it was a fun read... BUT... Not including Hawaii leaves out Battleship (which was an alien disaster AND a screenplay disaster), Jaws: the Revenge (the BEST Hawaii movie?), and I'm sure Adam Sandler ruined Hawaii at some point in his later career.

ALWAYS RELEVANT:

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:47:31 pm

Mark, that is one of the funniest comments I have read on the COW. I'll be laughing all day. As for the serious subject matter of Disasters I'm getting worried about a vampire attack and I'm going to get insurance at Lloyd’s of London just in case:

Those blasted vampires, werewolves and ghosts!
vampire insuranceIf you’ve got unresolved issues with the supernatural, Lloyd’s of London has a policy for you. Over the years, the insurer has been known to insure some pretty unusual stuff. This includes policies for vampire bites, werewolf attacks and ghosts. In 2002, the Royal Falcon Hotel in Lowestoft, England, insured its staff and customers against death and disability caused by ghosts, poltergeists and other abnormal phenomena. According to BBC News, the hotel paid a 500 pound premium per year ($768) for 1 million pounds (roughly $1.5 million) of coverage. Lloyd’s also claims that it has sold more than 40,000 policies against alien abduction over the years. To make a successful claim, you must pass a lie detector test and supply video of the abduction or a third-party witness.

Source: http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/insurance-for-your-worst-fears.html

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]