FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slates for Sarah

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Mark Suszko
Re: Slates for Sarah
on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:19:10 pm

Really kind of surprised that nobody in this forum seems to want to talk about this?

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:38:41 pm

I've just been kind of waiting for additional information to come out about it. It's so sad. The slates have been a really nice gesture. I hope that something more tangible in the way of film safety comes from her death. A lot of the networking groups I'm a part of are making their next meeting all about safety on set, so there's that.

But from everything I've read so far, it just sounds like this set was a mess. Sarah had mentioned to her parents that people in charge were asking her questions they should know the answers to? They were told they'd have 60 seconds to get off the tracks if a train came? IF a train comes? What? Shouldn't there be representatives from the railroad company around to communicate with trains? It sounds like the crew had no idea what to do about the props and equipment when they found themselves needing to evacuate.

It's just a huge tragedy. Sarah was only about 3 weeks younger than I was, so her career was probably just starting to get interesting. And to be in the camera department on a major film, she worked hard for that I'm sure. Sucks.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 6, 2014 at 4:55:02 pm

This is really sad. Here is a article with more details: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/midnight-rider-accident-sarah-jones-d...

No permits, they where denied the opportunity to shoot on the bridge. What was the director thinking?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]